You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-04 06:42

tilo

Laptop doesn't awake from sleep mode (Scorpion)

When I try to awaken my Laptop (10 years old) from sleep mode, it sounds at first as if it tried to reboot, then it turns off completely. After 3 seconds it starts again with a black screen and does not react anymore. I had this problem also using orion and now installed scorpion KDE hoping to fix it, but it is still the same.
Can somebody help?

#2 2018-08-04 13:35

Rademes

Re: Laptop doesn't awake from sleep mode (Scorpion)

Sleep (Hibernate) mode is very hardware dependent. On some hardware it works very well, on some hardware it does not working at all. Generally, I would not suggest using this mode at all.
According to your problem, try to remove battery from your laptop, wait approximately 10 minutes, put the battery back and turn on your laptop. Yes, this solution sounds silly, but it helped me with my old Lenovo T100 laptop.

Before asking for help please read this topic: https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3502   If you have problems with WiFi network, try to install the Network Manager using Q4OS Software Centre.

#3 2018-08-04 16:53

tilo

Re: Laptop doesn't awake from sleep mode (Scorpion)

Under Windows Vista, which is also installed on my laptop, sleep mode works properly. Is there a way to make it work with q4os?

Board footer