You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-20 20:58

BonusBrain

System freezing

I mentioned in another post the only issue I had encountered was the screen going black and everything freezing forcing a hard reboot. This happened when I clicked a panel launcher but it has now happened again whilst I was away from the machine which is a LG AIO with i5 and 4G.

I'm running Scorpion 2.5 with KDE Plasma 5 from an external SSD. Both power management and screenlocking are disabled.

The screen goes black although the mouse is still operational and both Conky and Rainlendar are visible.

Nothing else works though including the keyboard so the only option is a hard reboot.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior or can suggest where I look to fix it?

#2 2018-07-21 12:44

BonusBrain

Re: System freezing

Am also getting the same experience with the TDE session.

Clicking the Google Chrome panel launcher generated an error message about the .desktop file being malformatted. Unlike with the Plasma session the desktop remained totally normal although nothing responded except the menu button but when this opened it was about one quarter size. Trying to log-out froze closing running programs at 66% so a hard boot was performed. On restarting and clicking the Google Chrome panel launcher it failed to open and froze with CPU @ 100%. Another hard reboot and all is fine again.

Would appreciate some feedback if other users are having the same experience with either DE.

Board footer