You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-04 21:00

mx-zw

How can I use an individually adapted preseed file for installation?

Hi there,

I would like to use a slightly changed file q4_2.preseed. I found this preseed-file within the iso-image in dir simple-cdd and adapted it to our needs.  Now I am trying to find a way to run the installation with the adapted version of this file.

I escaped at the very beginning of the install process while being asked what type of installation I want to perform (classic...). Then I see a "Boot:" prompt.

Upto now I couldn't get any further and convince the system to use my special preseed-file.

Can I direct the process to use my preseed-file?
What commands am I to use?
Or do I have to refit the iso-image?

Any ideas would be highly appreciated
Regards,
Max

#2 2018-07-05 00:17

Dai_trying

Re: How can I use an individually adapted preseed file for installation?

Hi Max,
I haven't tried to do what you are attempting but it does sound quite interesting, I just wanted to point you to the post regarding creating your own custom iso image from the Q4OS Live-Cd which might be of use to you.

I am not sure if by using that method you could simply replace the file with your own and re-package the image to get what you want but it might be worth a try. The instructions only work for the Live-Cd though so if what you are trying to do cannot be done that way then it might not be any use to you.

If you let us know what exactly you are trying to achieve somebody might be able to offer better advice too.

#3 2018-07-08 21:44

mx-zw

Re: How can I use an individually adapted preseed file for installation?

Many thanks for pointing me into this direction. It seems to help me a lot. I couldn't allocate enough time so far to explore thoroughly. But it looks promising to me. I'll report in a couple of days

Regards,
Max

Board footer