You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-04 21:21

BrJPedro
Website

Error in Control Panel / Konqueror

Hi everyone

When I click on any "Folder" icon (e.g. Periphericals, TDE Components, etc), it says "'Path to this' is a folder, but a file was expected".

If I right-click it and select Open in new tab or Open in new window it works.

Is there any way to fix this?

Check the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
png Kioexec.png, Size: 77.48 KiB, Downloads: 558

João Pedro -o- @12h01

#2 2018-06-04 21:55

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Error in Control Panel / Konqueror

It looks like a conflict in mime file associations. We are not able to reproduce the issue using live media, on a fresh installed system nor on a production machine.  Have you installed another desktop environment on this machine ? We will try to reproduce the issue somehow to be able to investigate it and report here as some info will be available.

Did another else notice this issue ?

#3 2018-06-04 22:01

BrJPedro
Website

I had anothers DEs installed on my system, but actually just TDE is installed. But I think that some junk may be installed... hmm

This problem is not recent, it started some weeks ago after I try to install a DE (I don't remember what DE I was trying to install, maybe Cinnamon I think), and it installed Dolphin as file manager, and it was set as default even on TDE (When I tried to open Control Panel on TDE it opened in Dolphin instead of Konqueror). Then I uninstalled this DE and this problem on Konqueror started.

So I installed pure GNOME and was using it. But it started to be slow and now I want to get back to the good and old Trinity :v

EDIT:
I noticed that Dolphin is yet installed on my system. So I tried to open Control Panel in it (settings:/), and it opens without any errors. If this problem was caused by a MIME type conflict, it should be on Dolphin also, it isn't?

EDIT 2:
Please, check this https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … bug/175597
I think this could be the same error that I am getting.

Last edited by BrJPedro (2018-06-04 22:08)

João Pedro -o- @12h01

#4 2018-06-04 22:14

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

BrJPedro wrote:

I noticed that Dolphin is yet installed on my system. So I tried to open Control Panel in it (settings:/), and it opens without any errors. If this problem was caused by a MIME type conflict, it should be on Dolphin also, it isn't?

Yes, Dolphin shouldn't open them as well. Do you use Dolphin Trinity or Dolphin KDE ?

BrJPedro wrote:

Please, check this https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … bug/175597
I think this could be the same error that I am getting.

Yes, we will check it too.

#5 2018-06-04 23:04

BrJPedro
Website

q4osteam wrote:

Do you use Dolphin Trinity or Dolphin KDE ?

I remember that this problem started after I installed and removed some minuts before KDE Plasma. Then this problem with Konqueror appeared. So I removed Dolphin KDE and installed Dolphin Trinity (which is installed here).

João Pedro -o- @12h01

#6 2018-06-04 23:56

BrJPedro
Website

I found the solution!

Once upon a time, I was trying to find a way to make Thunar the default file manager instead of Konqueror, without removing Konqueror, as it is part of the Trinity's heart. So I changed from Konqueror to Thunar the default app to open Folders.

So the error that I was getting was because Thunar isn't able to open settings:/.

Thank you for the help anyway!

João Pedro -o- @12h01

#7 2018-06-05 15:17

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

BrJPedro wrote:

Once upon a time, I was trying to find a way to make Thunar the default file manager instead of Konqueror, without removing Konqueror, as it is part of the Trinity's heart.

You could try to use dolphin-trinity instead of konqueror.

Board footer