You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-14 18:43

linuxmel

Installer

I've downloaded the iso, not booted up yet. Is the installer method GUI based?
Thanks so much in advance.

#2 2018-05-14 19:18

Dai_trying

Re: Installer

It depends which image you have downloaded, The Live-cd will give you a Live Desktop session and the installer is a GUI one, the installer only image will give you a text based installer and as such is console based. I prefer to always use the Live-Cd as it is a good way to check the OS will work on your machine, any problems you encounter in a live session will likely continue to a full installation, and on the flip side if the live session works well then it is very likely you will encounter no further problems with a full installation.

Of course if you are using a Raspberry Pi image then there is no installation to perform as such, but if that is the case I imagine you would be familiar with creating a file-system onto Sd cards.

And welcome to the Forum smile

#3 2018-05-14 19:21

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

There are two types of Q4OS installation media available to download. If you downloaded the 'live-cd' iso the installer is gui based, unlike 'install-cd', which contains text based installer only.

EDIT:
While typing a more detailed answer has been posted, thanks Dai_trying smile

Last edited by q4osteam (2018-05-14 19:23)

#4 2018-05-14 19:24

Dai_trying

big_smile beat you by three minutes big_smile

#5 2018-05-14 19:24

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

smile

#6 2018-05-14 19:38

linuxmel

Dai_trying wrote:

It depends which image you have downloaded, The Live-cd will give you a Live Desktop session and the installer is a GUI one, the installer only image will give you a text based installer and as such is console based. I prefer to always use the Live-Cd as it is a good way to check the OS will work on your machine, any problems you encounter in a live session will likely continue to a full installation, and on the flip side if the live session works well then it is very likely you will encounter no further problems with a full installation.

Of course if you are using a Raspberry Pi image then there is no installation to perform as such, but if that is the case I imagine you would be familiar with creating a file-system onto Sd cards.

And welcome to the Forum smile

Thanks for the great explanation, and thank you for the welcome!

Board footer