You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-12 20:05

jackdanielsesq

Q4OS-base

Greetings All

A recent system upgrade has trashed all the important Power Management capabilities - now refuses to shut-down screen,
refuses to suspend the system et al, anybody experiencing similar problems - any idea how to fix this deal-breaker - looking
at the recent installation logs, there appear to be at least four or five recent such upgrades - appreciate any/all real solutions

Regards

Jack

#2 2018-04-12 20:18

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Q4OS-base

What system are you using ? We doubt the system upgrades would be connected to power management. Did anybody else notice similar issues ?

#3 2018-04-12 22:01

Dai_trying

I have my systems kept up to date with updates and haven't noticed anything at all, I'm running all Scorpion and Centaurus here, although I always disable any suspend and hibernation options after installation so not sure if I would have noticed anything like OP is seeing.

#4 2018-04-13 04:31

BSpinoza

My scorpion runs very fine. No problems since the last upgrades!

#5 2018-04-13 05:55

bin

@Jack
Have you got any KDE4/5 stuff installed - i.e. non Trinity KDE stuff?

Please could you provide the log files from /var/log/apt that cover this period?

#6 2018-04-13 10:36

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

@jackdanielsesq
We are not aware of any updates connected to power management. The recent 'q4os-base' package updates have provided some improvements of gui and fonts subsystem. If you have encountered power management issues, it is most probably connected to another source, maybe updates from Debian repositories. As we have no idea what's going with your system, we need start to solve this issue from scratch. Please provide more detailed description and some debug info. You can generate it using the following command in terminal:
$ reportq4
Send the generated file via e-mail support@q4os.org or attach it here to analyze.

It would be also helpful to perform a testing Q4OS installation and configuration and post results.

#7 2018-04-13 16:48

jackdanielsesq

Hi Bin

A rather intuitive question, my good man - yes - of course - but its all Q4/Deb stuff, other than MSFT Skype, which has zero
dependencies, and has been running for ages ... as mentioned above, there have been at least five/six instances of q4os-base
packages installed in the past 2/3 days on this O/S - am running 5x instances, they all get regular updates, and they all just
failed the same test - except one O/S, which was last updated on March 18, with q4os-base-2.3.2-a3, and is still good-to-go.

Strangely that O/S is 3.1, and did not ask for all those updates that the other 2.4 & 3.1 O/S requested/accepted ... its perfect

At first, because of the same fail, I thought it was a hardware issue, but my Qiana ER O/S does suspend et al, even though it
does not execute same very eloquently - but it does work, as advertised - will give you logs etc tomorrow - little jammed right
now - we have a mix of 2.4 & 3.1 systems running - all have been exemplary until now ... maybe 50x installations, all in all

I can usually solve these issues myself, but was not able to walk back this pesky critter - it was perfect before - BTW - still
having modem-manager issues - usually the kernel takes care of the USB 4G LTE switch - even Qiana does that on live boot

Highest Regards

Jack

bin wrote:

@Jack
Have you got any KDE4/5 stuff installed - i.e. non Trinity KDE stuff?

Please could you provide the log files from /var/log/apt that cover this period?

#8 2018-04-14 08:23

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

@jackdanielsesq
If you are using SDDM login manager, you could try to edit, or completely remove, '/etc/sddm.conf' file and reboot. It's one of the files that have been modified by a recent q4os-base update.

Board footer