You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-16 15:35

egreb

Home Drive Size

I installed your OS using your Windows 10 Installer. After installing some software, I got a message telling me that my home disk is full and asking me if I want to run Konqueror, presumably to delete files. I have deleted some unused downloads, including another distro's ISO, but I have a feeling that this is just a drop in the bucket. Is there any way to increase storage given the way Q4OS is installed on my system? Would a flashdrive be useful here? Thanks in advance!

#2 2018-03-16 16:18

Dai_trying

Re: Home Drive Size

There a a few options available, The one that would be most useful (IMO) would be to create another partition on your HDD, you can use the Windows disk partitioner to resize it's partition and then with the free space you could create a partition to hold your data. I use this sort of setup to make my data available to multiple distros that I have installed for testing, Once created you can have it automounted by editing your fstab file and then create a soft-link to it in your home folder to have everything available from /home/user/DATA (as an example).
If you need some help with the steps for that I can post a mini-howto in the tips section, just let me know.

Another option which is likely much easier (certainly for newer users) is to use an external device, either a HDD or USB memory stick which is easily opened from the task-bar.

Another option would be to use your Windows partition to store data files, you can open it by selecting Go -> Storage Media and then double click your Windows partition and navigate to your user folder and you can use that to store your files.

There could well be more options available, but I would imagine one of these would be most suitable/useful to you.

Board footer