You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-03 14:22

jackdanielsesq

KDE Wallet ,,, [solved]

Greetings all

My #1 O/S has now been reduced to junk status basically - after a couple updates within say the past24/48 hours,
das dreaded uber-trollware is back with a vengeance - I cannot log-in to certain sensitive web-based applications.
Have to go thru an entire re-verification song & dance, manually, every time - which I am not prepared to do.

Kindly tell me how to get rid of this pest - for good - sudo is paranoid enough - dont need a neurotic wingman
Have tried all the regular, normal stuff ... nada, nix ......  many thanks

Regards

Jack

BTW - this rendition of FF#58 uses the US Dictionary and not the Swedish one, which I could never change in #1

Last edited by jackdanielsesq (2018-02-05 08:09)

#2 2018-02-03 22:06

crosscourt
Website

Re: KDE Wallet ,,, [solved]

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

#3 2018-02-04 07:03

jackdanielsesq

Hey ...

Have seen it - never like/trusted that distro, its advice columns - ask all the Mint guys why ....?

Was hoping for something more official - dont want to break O/S - I cant be the only guy in step on the parade

I might be forced to run #3 Q4O/S and never update it - simpler to do fresh install every couple years 

Why re-tune an already fast, trophy-winning car - it can only go slower .... Lets wait & see

Thank you

Regards

Jack

crosscourt wrote:

#4 2018-02-04 18:27

crosscourt
Website

Its an issue with KDE 5 so the OS really isnt an issue and considering Ubuntu is Debian based most fixes are alike in instances like this.

If you prefer go over to https://forum.kde.org and they have info over there as well.

Nothing wrong with Ubuntu and Im typing on Mint 18.3 Cinnamion right now, just different approach but still Debian based.

Last edited by crosscourt (2018-02-04 18:33)

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

#5 2018-02-05 08:09

jackdanielsesq

Greetings all

The pesky trollware is fixed - no guarantee for how long, though - thank you all for your efforts

Regards

Jack

#6 2018-02-05 13:13

Dai_trying

Hi Jack, for future reference could you tell us what you had to do to "fix" it?

#7 2018-02-06 10:43

jackdanielsesq

Hi there ..

Applied a little of my 'computer is merely a switch' logic, as in the Mint hibernation crash earlier.

I am not a upgrade-fan - have seen too many s/w crashes - evidence is everywhere - from civilian
to industrial to aerospace - they can be especially catastrophic in aerospace - besides if it aint
broke, why fix it - knew what was wrong, simply had to find the fix - so I booted back to #1 O/S,
which I had not used in say 3/4 days ....

Still the Wallet Samba - shelled out to TDE, where I believed the solution lay, as it is the O/S core.
KDE merely being the GUI or DE as it is called today - much like the now vaunted Human Relations
Department - lol - of course there is no Wallet there, at least not that I could find - but that was not
my mission - updated my TB mail - also noted that a few items in FF were still being displayed, even
though they had expired ... everything behaved itself - was able to log in to my web-sensitive servers
as before in KDE5 - great - time to shell out to KDE5, see if my logic holds ....Baddabing - its perfect

No more dreaded wallet trollware ... until next time ... easy fix, thats it, folks

Regards

Jack

Dai_trying wrote:

Hi Jack, for future reference could you tell us what you had to do to "fix" it?

Board footer