You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-02 19:44

That Random Guy

Update Firefox Icon Globally?

The question is odd because I'm unfamiliar with how this system works out its things.

I've used Linux before but I've never used Trinity DE nor Q4OS.

I decided to install this as a guest machine using Virtualbox and that all worked out fine.

I noticed that this particular distro came with it's own browser but I wanted Firefox, so I installed it.

Everything is working fine (as I imagine it to be) except for the fact that Firefox's icon is not being accurately displayed/used.

When I open up the start/panel menu, Firefox shows up with a pre-Quantum Firefox icon which is contrasting to the version I have installed (which is FF58). When I see a reference from Firefox anywhere, it uses that outdated icon instead of the more recent one. I like consistency with my icons, so I'd like to know if there's a way to manage that or fix that.

I've managed to change the icon for the launcher on my desktop and even did so for the icon located in /usr/share/Applications/.

I noticed that when editing the file that the Icon attribute simply had firefox for a value.

Is there a way to change that so that whatever value is being read from that firefox location uses the new icon instead of whatever the system is using now?

If it hasn't been made apparent yet, I'm relatively new to Linux all together and I'm not quite familiar how one would even affect what I'm asking for.

If you could manage to write out any instructions in layman speak... that'd be really helpful.

TIA

#2 2018-02-02 19:50

That Random Guy

Re: Update Firefox Icon Globally?

To clarify:

I've already figured out how to change the icon for a single launcher. I'm trying to understand why this system is using an icon for Firefox that doesn't fit the version I've installed.

It's almost as if it's using its own icon separate from Mozilla throughout the system.

I want a way to modify that source icon and make it reference my icon of choice so that whenever I'm looking at a menu or a file related to Firefox, it will use the recent Quantum icon.

#3 2018-02-02 20:52

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

The Firefox icon is displayed according to active icon set to keep system look consistent, so for the default look it's taken from the 'Crystalsvg' icon set. If you want to change an icon, you can create or edit a '.desktop' file and specify a desired icon by its full path, so the 'Icon=' line will look like this:

Icon=/usr/share/firefox/browser/chrome/icons/default/default32.png

#4 2018-02-05 20:37

That Random Guy

q4osteam wrote:

The Firefox icon is displayed according to active icon set to keep system look consistent, so for the default look it's taken from the 'Crystalsvg' icon set. If you want to change an icon, you can create or edit a '.desktop' file and specify a desired icon by its full path, so the 'Icon=' line will look like this:

Icon=/usr/share/firefox/browser/chrome/icons/default/default32.png

Thank-you!

That did the trick! smile

Board footer