You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-08 20:28

guillec

There are no LookNFeel apps from Trinity / XPQ4 (SOLVED)

My problem: First I installed the Windows version of Q4os and after a good experience with it I installed Q4os on a partition of my laptop. In both cases I also used XPQ4. The problem is that the version installed on the hard disk does not contain several LookFeel programs in the Trinity Control Center: twindecoration, style, kthememanager, icons, kcmlaunch, ksplashthememgr. However, I found them in opt/trinity/share/applications/tde/ but they don't work. I'll be very grateful if you can help me solve this because unfortunately I don't know much about Linux. Greetings to all.

Last edited by guillec (2018-01-09 23:04)

#2 2018-01-09 00:14

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: There are no LookNFeel apps from Trinity / XPQ4 (SOLVED)

You need to unlock hidden settings, just run in terminal:
$ sudo kcmodules --unlock

see https://www.q4os.org/dqa011.html#desktop.10

#3 2018-01-09 02:18

guillec

Re: There are no LookNFeel apps from Trinity / XPQ4 (SOLVED)

q4osteam wrote:

You need to unlock hidden settings, just run in terminal:
$ sudo kcmodules --unlock

see https://www.q4os.org/dqa011.html#desktop.10

Many thanks to the Q4OS team for their quick and efficient response. I did what I was recommended and the missing applications were enabled immediately.

Now I understand what happened: When I installed the Q4OS version for Windows I used XPQ4 Free but when I installed Q4OS on the hard disk I used XPQ4 Full, which includes Windows style icons. The latter, in order to preserve the integrity of the Windows style used, probably disabled appearance applications that could damage that style. So, when I enabled them with the recommended command and made a slight change of style, the Windows start button was automatically replaced by the Trinity logo, which may mean that it was no longer a pure Windows style.

The solution provided by the Q4OS team not only solved the problem, but was a good learning and understanding experience of the system.

Board footer