You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-01 19:08

davidmen

printing trough command line

Hi all, I guess this is not really related to Q4OS, but I hope anyway someone can give me some help.
I set up a computer with Q4OS to read data from a industrial balance and print it on label by means of a thermal printer, this is done with a small python script.
There is no driver for the printer (Printronix TN2 300 dpi), so i'm using it as "only-text", and lpr to print the data : it works, the only downside is that the font-size is quite small, and i can't find a way to increase it: it seems lpr has an option (-o cpi=<value>), but setting it has no effect ;
someone suggested to use enscript, but it seems to not work with the only-text ppd ('lpr: Il formato del documento "application/postscript" non è supportato').
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks a lot, ciao

#2 2016-08-01 20:05

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: printing trough command line

If you are printing using lpr in text-mode, printer receives text from the computer and formats and prints it according to internal instructions and font sets. We can only suggest to run supplied printer configuration utility under Windows, if available, try to configure printer's text mode settings, save the font size / type, and then test some lpr printing from Linux again.

Board footer