You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-13 08:05

KUKTB

hp laptop bcm43142

some problem on my laptop with wireless bcm43142  how can install driver

#2 2016-05-13 09:26

Dai_trying

Re: hp laptop bcm43142

I have a BCM 4312 in one of my laptops and the default installation installs the correct driver, but a quick google tells me yours is a combo wifi/bluetooth card and has had quite a few users pulling their hair out. And according to http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drive … ed_devices your device is not yet supported. but some users in Ask Ubuntu have got it working but the solutions I have read involve downloading a deb file from someones dropbox (or similar) account which I personally don't do, but it might be a possible solution for you.

#3 2016-05-13 13:23

bin

Re: hp laptop bcm43142

A lot depends on the age and model of your HP as to which drivers may work. The Broadcom driver supplied by the distro can be coaxed into life on the 4311 wifi/bluetooth chip.

However it may be the same issue I have had with Jessie on my HP.

Boot up Q4OS and go to the network icon in the system tray.

Right click and go to Deactivate connection - it may well say Enable Wireless - in which case do that. Perversely it may say Disable Wireless. In which case do that and then go back and Enable. That does work for me.

I did find issues where the rfkill switch needed to be reset - sudo rfkill unblock all

Provided you can get access to net via an ethernet cable you could try the firmware-b43-installer which covers some 4312

If that doesn't work try removing it and installing the broadcom-sta-common which supposedly supports the 4312.

One thing I have found useful on my HP with the 4311 chip with all linux distros is to go into the BIOS and reset to default - save and reboot then disable Bluetooth in the BIOS , save and reboot again with the new distro. That ensures that if the LED does light up at least I know it's the wifi.

Just to add insult to injury I have come across problems with the 3.16 kernel (used by Jessie default) where either sound or network works but not both. Binning Pulseaudio completely also helped wit that.

I hope some of the above may be of use.

Board footer