You are not logged in.

#1 2023-12-08 18:54

Aidan1970

Falkon Web Browser

Is it possible to have Falkon preinstalled on the 32-bit Trinity version?

It just works so much better than those resource hungry browsers. Especially on older computers. Everybody's not a power user. And therefore the need to have a web browser that does everything just isn't necessary on a lightweight distro.

#2 2023-12-09 09:14

hchiper

Re: Falkon Web Browser

Q4OS Team has already responded to the same question in another thread you created.
Not sure all TDE users would be satisfied to have Falkon pre-installed instead of or alongside with Google Chrome.
On my side, I'm using Q4OS 4.12 Plasma, and Falkon is available in the Software Center, as well as Google Chrome and Chromium.
If they are also available in your TDE setup, then you could consider using the Software Center to uninstall Google Chrome and install Falkon.

For the story, I also have a Raspberry Pi, and Raspberry Pi OS comes with Chromium pre-installed, which has display problems when I use VNC Server/Viewer to access my Pi from my laptop, so I removed Chromium and installed Firefox instead.

Q4OS machines: [Samsung R519 - Pentium T4200 2.0 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD] & [Sony Vaio - Pentium P6000 1.87 GHz - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD]

Board footer