You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-29 23:58

antares

Appeal to support team

Hi !

Installed Aquarius 5.2 live on flash stick
Want to install it on the other stick to make it persistant
and choose ''minimal'' pack (not ''minimalistic'') to add apps later by my choice

problem
There is no ''ready'' partition as on earlier versions
and when I try to do partitioning have no result

task
To have partition of 4GB for all programmes and the rest of 30GB free as a storage

Be so kind describe step by step what is needed
and even better create short youtube video tutorial with partitioning for each pack

p s
Maybe you add one click button with standart size partition table?
Anyway this step of installation have always been an obstacle for me

regards

Last edited by antares (2023-10-30 00:00)

#2 2023-10-30 08:34

hchiper

Re: Appeal to support team

antares wrote:

Want to install it on the other stick

You will face the problem that, instead of having grub installing on your stick, it will be modified on your HD/SSD, unless you first remove it. A few topics on this forum are related to that problem.

and when I try to do partitioning have no result

If you used gparted, did you "Apply" your modifications (button with a check mark)?
Before applying, double check that the target drive is the right one (personally I triple-check)

Maybe you add one click button with standart size partition table?

There are so many possibilities to create partitions on a drive that I doubt there could ever be an agreement on what a "standard" partitioning is.
In fact the default (standard?) partitioning is with only one partition that contains the system and the user data, and perhaps a swap partition; as you can see, this way doesn't meet your needs.

Last edited by hchiper (2023-10-30 08:38)

Q4OS machines: [Samsung R519 - Pentium T4200 2.0 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD] & [Sony Vaio - Pentium P6000 1.87 GHz - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD]

Board footer