You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-18 11:08

frant9

Anydesk unattended access not working in startup login screen

Hi everyone,

A few days ago, I installed q4os on an old 32-bit machine without support for SSE2 (I specify this because some programs didn't work due to this).
I installed AnyDesk using the installer from SourceForge, and the software works correctly except for an issue during login.

When the machine is booted up, and I'm at the initial login screen, I'm unable to connect to AnyDesk. The error message displayed by AnyDesk is "display_server_not_supported".
This only occurs on the initial login screen. If I logout after the initial login and try to start AnyDesk while q4os is in the new login screen, the connection works.

I have set up AnyDesk to work using Unattended Access, so there's no need for the connection to be accepted on q4os.

I used systemctl in the terminal, and says that AnyDesk is functioning as a background process, automatically starting at startup.

The issue is also present on virtual machine.

I read on the internet that the problem might be Wayland, which seems to be not supported by AnyDesk, but I dont know if q4os uses Wayland or how to disable it.

Thank you for any help!

#2 2023-08-18 13:10

PeterLinu

Re: Anydesk unattended access not working in startup login screen

Hi Frant9,
If you read the fine print in Anydesk, it says that a 32bit version has not yet been made. I recommend that you try Rustdesk.

Q4OS 5.2 Trinity 32bit Basic on Asus EeePC 1011PX (2011), CPU: Intel Atom N455, 2Gb DDR2 RAM, 256Gb SSD

#3 2023-08-21 17:00

frant9

Re: Anydesk unattended access not working in startup login screen

Update

After trying various software, including RustDesk as suggested by PeterLinu (thank you for the advice and for responding to my thread), I found the software "xrdp," which can be downloaded from q4os packet manager. It allows you to use the Windows RDP protocol and connect to Linux using Windows remote control software, that's exactly what I need since I have a Window machine to connect to q4os.

I noticed another "bug" with AnyDesk. When attempting to click on a window remotely in q4os, the window cannot be dragged or clicked, as if the mouse freezes. The only solution I found was to connect a mouse to the q4os machine and release the window from there.

Board footer