You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-21 11:12

Masa

Install Q4OS on "Gigabyte mini-pc" -problems

Hello comrades,

I need a tip on how to install Q4OS Aquarius on a Gigabyte mini PC.

The device:
Barebone mini pc
Gigabyte GB-BLCE-4105
Intel Celeron J4105
2x Crucial 4GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM
Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus NVMe
American Megatrends UEFI BIOS (few options to set)

I have preinstalled Win10 on the SSD to have a two operating system PC with Q4OS. Both with 1TB storage.
So much for the idea....

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have tried the CD installation, the live system and an installation on the SSD itself using another PC.
As soon as I try to start the installer from USB or from the installation on the SSD, the PC stops. The keyboard no longer responds and the PC displays nothing.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Since I now have to wait until another installation medium is ready, I was hoping that someone here has a tip for me on how I can get this to work.

Thanks in advance ᓚᘏᗢ

#2 2023-07-21 14:18

Masa

Re: Install Q4OS on "Gigabyte mini-pc" -problems

Hello again,

I found this text in another forum about the PC. Someone there describes the same problem, that he can't get Linux to run.
community.ipfire.org/t/installs-on-gigabyte-brix/3206

In the answer it is described that the CPUs of the N/J-4 series do not support GRUB version 2.02.

Does anyone know which GRUB version is used in Q4OS to check whether this is the case?
Especially since the post is from 2020. There should be a newer version.

I also tried SuperGrub, Kali-Live-USB, Bionicpup64 and LinuxMint Mate. Monitor shows nothing and PC stops. If I put Win10 ISO on it, it works fine.

#3 2023-08-19 17:29

Arturafox

Hello Masa,

is your problem fixed ? so do you found a solution ?

i know maybe a solution and i can boot the Q4OS linux distro without problems. I have a intel Celeron J4125 and after many search on the internet i found my solution on my own way.

You wrote: "Win10 ISO on it, it works fine." and the other linux distros like: SuperGrub, Kali-Live-USB, Bionicpup64 and LinuxMint Mate.
You wrote: "Monitor shows nothing and PC stops" i had the same issue and i fix it.

Masa which tool did you used to make the bootable Medium (USB,CD or sd card) ?

Mesa which American Megatrends UEFI BIOS do you have ?

after your reply i hope can help you.

#4 2023-08-21 14:41

Rademes

Try MX-23 “Libretto” AHS 64 bit Xfce with 6.4 kernel: https://mxlinux.org/blog/mx-23-libretto-now-available/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mx-lin … o/download
Personally, I like Q4OS more, because it is more stable. For some reasons, I do not know why, MX Linux always had problems on my computers. Maybe because they are old...I do not know.

Last edited by Rademes (2023-08-21 14:44)

Before asking for help please read this topic: https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3502   If you have problems with WiFi network, try to install the Network Manager using Q4OS Software Centre.

Board footer