You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-19 04:36

ChasHenry

Desktop Apperance and Leave option display.

Hi everyone,

I just installed Q4OS 5.2 Aquarius to my ASUS X515FA BR301W laptop and switched to the recommended Debonair theme. (Q4OS is the only OS installed to this laptop.)

The 'Appearance settings' is checked but even though I checked & applied several times the 'Desktop and window layout', it remains unchecked.

All displays seem oversized - e.g. the 'restored' System Settings panel occupies about 4/5 of laptop screen and cannot be reduced to a more convenient size; This also applies to other panels. The screen resolution of my laptop is 1366x768. The Global scale in Display Configuration is set at 100% and unfortunately cannot be reduced to a more desirable 50% or so.

Also, When left-clicking on the desktop, I found that the clickable 'Leave...' function for showing the 'Sleep-Hibernate-Restart-Shutdown-Logout' options is not available anymore.

I went through each item in System Settings but for the life of me am unable locating the pertinent configuration.

Would an expert please advise me on configuring the display of my laptop screen and on enabling the 'Leave...' options? Thanks.

#2 2023-07-19 14:49

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Desktop Apperance and Leave option display.

ChasHenry wrote:

The 'Appearance settings' is checked but even though I checked & applied several times the 'Desktop and window layout', it remains unchecked.

Plasma does not remember this option for security reasons. Just check it and apply the theme, that's it.

ChasHenry wrote:

All displays seem oversized - e.g. the 'restored' System Settings panel occupies about 4/5 of laptop screen and cannot be reduced to a more convenient size;

Would you post a screenshot please ?

ChasHenry wrote:

This also applies to other panels.

What panels for example ?

ChasHenry wrote:

When left-clicking on the desktop, I found that the clickable 'Leave...' function for showing the 'Sleep-Hibernate-Restart-Shutdown-Logout' options is not available anymore.

Right click on the desktop and selecting 'Configure Desktop....' and then selecting 'Mouse Actions' to see settings...From there you can set a mouse action (right/left/middle click, scroll/forward/back buttons) and then open settings for the 'standard menu' where you can check to see if '< leave' is present and unselected.

#3 2023-07-20 05:27

ChasHenry

Thanks for responding.

I note your advisory relating to the Plasma theme.

Your detailed guidance on enabling the 'Leave...' option was very helpful - it was unselected which I have now modified accordingly.

I agree, the term 'oversized' is subjective and 'a picture is worth a thousand words'. I wish to stress that the appearance of the disproportionate sizes of the panels relative to the laptop screen is my personal view and may open to disagreement.

Attached are a number of screenshots revealing my perceived disproportionately of panels relative to my laptop screen.

Screenshots explanation:-
(My apologies if the (panel) terminology used is inaccurate).

Please note: In order to reduce KiB of screenshots, I changed the desktop wallpaper and took new screenshots also.

Some more screenshots...

Last edited by ChasHenry (2023-07-23 01:05)

Attachments:
png Screenshot_Info_Center.png, Size: 155.54 KiB, Downloads: 88

#4 2023-07-20 11:04

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

ChasHenry wrote:

Despite visiting https://www.q4os.org/forum/help and several attempts I can't figure out the img tag options, sorry. Please advise if there is another way for posting these screenshots.

Edit your post and attach a file up to 300kB in size. You can repeat the latter to attach more images.

Alternatively, if you want to display an image you can use the img tag. See https://www.q4os.org/forum/help.php#bbcode

#5 2023-07-23 01:16

ChasHenry

I am unsure if you have received the screenshots, if not than so be it. The fact that I can't reduce the overall sizes of these 'panels' won't deter me from keep on using Q4OS as I can ad additional virtual desktops. Thanks again.

Attachments:
png Screenshot_Info_Center.png, Size: 155.54 KiB, Downloads: 88

Board footer