You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-09 10:55

jesito

Q4OS 5, installer not showing USB sticks as targets for installation

After trying the live Q4OS 5 for a few days, I wanted to install Q4OS Aquarius Plasma into a USB stick, using the recommended methods (seen in the post

https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4042 )

but neither starting Q4OS live from Ventoy or from another USB stick with the Q4OS image dd'ed allows to  select any USB stick. Only internal drives appear.
Is there any trick to do it?

The USB sticks are visible and detected when plugged, but the installer doesn't recognize them as valid targets for installation and doesn't show them up.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2023-07-09 14:59

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Q4OS 5, installer not showing USB sticks as targets for installation

We are not able to reproduce the issue, Calamares installer sees USB drives and even it's able to install the system on them. You only need to insert the USB stick before Calamares starts and not to mount it.

#3 2023-07-09 18:43

jesito

Thanks, that's just what I do.
I even installed gparted, and the USB sticks can be seen there. They are also visible on the USB applet at the bottom right of the desktop. No matter if they are mounted or not,  Calamares doesn't show them.

Let me try on a different computer, this one is a Sony Vaio Laptop.

Last edited by jesito (2023-07-09 19:24)

#4 2023-07-10 04:52

jesito

jesito wrote:

Let me try on a different computer, that one was a Sony Vaio Laptop.

Tried again, this time on an ASUS desktop PC and it works!.
This has to be  related to the Sony Vaio laptop and Calamares....

Anyway, with the USB stick created on the desktop PC I can boot on the Sony Vaio, so for me is a valid workaround to continue evaluating Q4OS, at the time of the final installation on the laptop it will work because I will install it on the internal HD that is visible from Calamares.
Thanks!

Jes.

Board footer