You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-27 15:33

LinuxDan2015

File Management Tips for 3 Issues

Hi all - am loving Q4OS Trinity Desktop Environment (latest release). I have just three issues with Dolphin (TDE) and Konqueror (TDE).

1) Both pause on startup until they wake up my drives that are sleeping. I don't want them to wake up my drives unless I specifically ask them to access them. Usually I'm just going to my home folder which is on my main-never-sleeps-drive and don't want to wait 30-45 seconds before that stuff appears.

2) Neither of them can be used to drag-and-drop files to any web browser upload site (Flickr, Canva, WordPress, etc). For that, I have to use the sites pick-your-file option.

3) I cannot get thumbnail / previews of LibreOffice documents to appear.

As a workaround for all three problems above, I have install Thunar (from XFCE) and use that instead. I would like to just use Dolphin/Konqueror for TDE.

Any tips? Thanks all!

Kernel: 5.10.0-13-amd64
Packages: 2600 (dpkg), 7 (flatpak)
Shell: bash 5.1.4
Resolution: 2560x1080
DE: trinity R14.0.11
WM: twin
Theme: Q4OS02 [GTK2/3]
Terminal: konsole
CPU: Intel i7-4790K (8) @ 4.400GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics
Memory: 12017MiB / 31533MiB

#2 2022-04-28 12:41

bin

Re: File Management Tips for 3 Issues

2. I always install konq-plugins-trinity so I cannot comment on what would happen if that was not installed. However, I am able to drag and drop files into the upload window with both Flickr and SlickPic.

There is a slight gotcha. When you drag a file to the upload window it shows a No Entry sign (circle with diagonal line). If you keep the mouse button down, take the icon back to the source and then back to the upload window again it works fine. Subsequent uploads seem to be OK - but I have not tested between reboots or logout from media site so YMMV.

3. Me neither.

Board footer