You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-14 16:08

LinuxDan2015

TDE and Default File Manager Dolphin - Open Directory and Applications

Running latest Q4OS with TDE and Dolphin Trinity version as my file manager. But, whenever I try and use a function from an application like:  Firefox or Zim Desktop Wiki or KSnip to OPEN DIRECTORY, I get an error from Dolphin saying it cannot find /home/dan/"%u"

So, when you finish dowloading a file in Firefox, as another example, when you choose Open Containing Folder, Dolphin just throws this error - it's like it's not processing the variable passed to it for the folder location.

See attached image for example of what I see today when I tried to open the folder of a screenshot from Ksnip's Open Directory menu option.

Attachments:
png ksnip_20220414-090111.png, Size: 62.45 KiB, Downloads: 225

#2 2022-04-15 05:41

bin

Re: TDE and Default File Manager Dolphin - Open Directory and Applications

The command to start Dolphin is

d3lphin %i -caption "%c" "%u"

I suspect that the "%u" is what is causing the issue. Start off by editing the .desktop file as root

/opt/trinity/share/applications/tde/d3lphin.desktop

and removing that value. It seems to run quite happily without it.

You may also need to look for a local d3lphin.desktop in your /home as well and do likewise.

#3 2022-04-15 06:19

LinuxDan2015

Thanks. That almost works. I think the %u is supposed to be the variable passed from the application to Dolphin to tell Dolphin WHICH folder to open to. When I remove it as you suggest, I no longer get the error however, I also am not taken to the folder specified by the application and instead am just dumped off in the Home folder each time.

So, when Firefox finishes downloading a file and I click on the little folder icon next to the filename while in Firefox, Dolphin should open to where I downloaded that file. In my case, that is the Downloads folder. So without the %u I'm just dropped off in /home and with %u, I am not taken to the folder where the file was placed.

This issue is the same with Zim Desktop Wiki when I select Tools > Open Attachments Folder from a document that has attachments. And also, the same with Ksnip when I choose Open Directory from a screenshot I saved to disk.

#4 2022-04-15 06:27

LinuxDan2015

I got it!! So, I went back in to re-add the "%u" but this time, I left off the quotes and just put in %u and now all three applications work as expected and take me to the folder that has the file! Yay!!!!

Thanks again!!!

Solution was to edit:

~/.local/share/applications/tde-d3lphin.desktop 

And change the line:

Exec=d3lphin %i -caption "%c" "%u" 

To this:

Exec=d3lphin %i -caption %c %u 

Thanks again for the help. I never would have found this. :-)

Last edited by LinuxDan2015 (2022-04-15 13:53)

#5 2022-04-16 05:16

bin

smile Good call!

Last edited by bin (2022-04-16 09:48)

Board footer