You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-22 09:37

Rui07

Unable to delete files in Konqueror from External HDD

I was unable to delete files when using Konqueror in External HDD. I want to upload the image but it seems its also not easy to post images here but my situation is when I open External HDD in Konqueror, trash or delete is greyed or disabled. It work though when I install Thunar. I like the lighweight feature of Q4OS, and it also consume less in CPU. But, since it also have a conflict in some of the regular software I do use, like GIMP interface isn't showing how it should be in dark mode, I guess I'll use other distro for the mean time till this was fix. I'm using Trinity desktop and I install pure install.

Goodluck Q4OS team.

#2 2021-12-24 16:08

Tolkem

Re: Unable to delete files in Konqueror from External HDD

Rui07 wrote:

I was unable to delete files when using Konqueror in External HDD. I want to upload the image but it seems its also not easy to post images here but my situation is when I open External HDD in Konqueror, trash or delete is greyed or disabled. It work though when I install Thunar. I like the lighweight feature of Q4OS, and it also consume less in CPU. But, since it also have a conflict in some of the regular software I do use, like GIMP interface isn't showing how it should be in dark mode, I guess I'll use other distro for the mean time till this was fix. I'm using Trinity desktop and I install pure install.

Goodluck Q4OS team.

Pure profile installs only  the most basic pkgs, maybe you need to install something, not sure tho. Thunar pulls in GVFS, which is what it uses to manage storage. I think Konqueror uses KIO, is it installed? Check with

apt-cache policy kio

if it's not, then install with

sudo apt install kio

and try again.

#3 2022-01-09 02:08

joey_linux

Re: Unable to delete files in Konqueror from External HDD

what file system is the drive formatted in? Also, can you make a new folder on the drive?  Some times when drives are read by different operating systems, things can get funny. Sometimes Windows can mark (aka flagging) a drive as dirty, in a hybernate/stand by state or etc. So when any form of linux tries to mount this drive, it reads the flag(s) and then will only mount it in read-only mode. I have found that with a few different distros of linux. You can either unmount it and try to mount it in the terminal with the mount command or you can use gnome-disk to repair the drive's file system and remove the flag(s).

Board footer