You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-07 10:46

rаluma

q4os-4.7-i386-instcd.r1.iso and WI-FI issue.

After manual installation, it is impossible to connect WI-FI, TDENetworkManager does not start. When trying to start from the terminal, it gives a bunch of errors.
The reason is the empty folder / etc / NetworkManager / system-connections.
Solution - copy the correct file with connection parameters to this folder and restart the computer. After reboot everything works.
The error does not depend on the version and hardware, it was the same with Centaurus.
When installing a live image, this does not happen, WI-FI is configured before installation and the settings file is saved.

#2 2021-12-10 20:49

rаluma

Re: q4os-4.7-i386-instcd.r1.iso and WI-FI issue.

After installing and uninstalling clamav (synaptic), the clam * files remain in the / etc / network / if * folders. As a result, TDENetworkManager may or may not be launched. If, upon refusal, manually raise the wi-fi interface, everything works.
After removing the clamav tails, the problem disappeared.

#3 2022-04-12 14:48

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: q4os-4.7-i386-instcd.r1.iso and WI-FI issue.

rаluma wrote:

After manual installation, it is impossible to connect WI-FI, TDENetworkManager does not start. When trying to start from the terminal, it gives a bunch of errors. ...

We are not able to reproduce the issue. TDENetworkManager starts and works fine immediately after a fresh Q4OS installation. Please post step by step instructions to reproduce the issue, for us to be able to investigate and possibly fix it.

Did anyone else notice this issue ?

Board footer