You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-05 23:18

diyako

Install Trinity DE alongside Plasma

I have installed Q4OS 4.6 Gemini Plasma Desktop. I am unable to install TDE alongside it. The Desktop Profiler allows me to choose any of the available desktops to install by clicking the appropriate boxes but the "install" button remains greyed out!

#2 2021-10-06 07:24

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Install Trinity DE alongside Plasma

You need to select both, desktop environment and a profile. Once you select a profile, the button gets enabled.

#3 2021-10-11 02:58

diyako

Thank you for providing the instructions. I did follow it and installed the Trinity desktop however, as I had previously applied a profile to the Plasma desktop when I installed it about a month ago, I didn't think that I had to do it again.
As an observation, applying a profile again in order to install TDE or any other desktop will wipe out the previous profile and removes all applications that has already been installed on the system.

#4 2021-10-11 08:32

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

diyako wrote:

As an observation, applying a profile again in order to install TDE or any other desktop will wipe out the previous profile and removes all applications that has already been installed on the system.

You only need to uncheck the "Remove superfluous packages" checkbox in order to keep already installed packages. Otherwise applying a profile strictly set up the selected profile, so non belonging packages are removed.

Using desktop profier you can also generate own custom profile from the current system, possibly edit it, and apply anytime, or on any other Q4OS computer, so you easily get the packages set and configuration you had before. We recommend to generate and save the current profile as soon as you install your system and get it ready for a possible later use.

#5 2021-10-12 02:10

diyako

Thanks again for detailed explanation. Q4OS is just appears to be getting better and better. I truly appreciate the awesome work developers put into creating this distribution.

Board footer