You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-01 12:54

photino

Size of windows incompatible with 10 inch notebook

Hello,
I use Q4OS with Trinity Environment on a 10 '' Samsung Notebook and I am facing with the following problem : impossibility to reduce the height of some windows, for instance « Monitor and Display » of the Center of Configuration of KDE and some others...
The consequence is the impossibility to validate the selection made in these windows because the Ok or Apply buttons are not visible and unreachable, being located under the base of the screen ; same problem with Thunderbird, in the window to configure manually an account the validation is impossible.
Using the menu to Resize and move Windows does not help, the width can be reduced at will but not the height.
Thanks for your help

#2 2021-10-01 13:59

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Size of windows incompatible with 10 inch notebook

Your system should work fine. You may need to use the trick how see bottom of some windows, if they overlap bottom edge of the screen. Hold the right "Alt" key, click with mouse somewhere inside the window and drag the window out of screen border to get the bottom of the window visible.

#3 2021-10-01 18:59

Tolkem

I have this with some apps too, i.e. zettlr, and it has nothing to do with Q4OS or Linux for that matter, the fault it's on the app's side, at least for me, that is. What I do is either make the app full screen, or enable auto-hide feature in the panel. Another option is to allow apps to be over the panel; let the panel be covered by the app's window.  This is what's worked for me.

#4 2021-10-04 09:41

photino

@q4osteam :
- The "Alt" key gives complete control of the window position, it's perfect, thanks for the trick
@Tolkem : full screen or overlap the panel does not work in my case, thanks anyway for answering

Board footer