You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-20 20:41

RonCam

kfloppy (trinity version) fails to find usb floppy drive

I assume kfloppy is looking for the drive at a differently-named mount point, from the error message?  The drive can be made to mount -- just seems that kfloppy can't see it.

I'm thinking of putting a hard link as a mount-point in /media, pointing to where the drive mounts, but with whatever name kfloppy is looking for.  Is this doable?

Has anyone been able to make this work, or think you can figure out how to do it?

#2 2016-02-21 02:25

RonCam

Re: kfloppy (trinity version) fails to find usb floppy drive

Yes, you are right about that.  When I looked at synaptic and saw we had a choice between the standard Kfloppy and another version specially modified for Trinity -- I was hoping someone had reworked it to function in this environment.  So, I was a bit disappointed that it failed with the same error message I've seen before.

Help please, about 'contacting the Q4OS team' -- I thought they would be moderating the forum -- but from what you say, apparently not.  Is there a special forum section I should be using, or is there some altogether different way of contacting them??

#3 2016-02-23 01:19

RonCam

Re: kfloppy (trinity version) fails to find usb floppy drive

Thanks -- I'll wait so other users may see the answer.

I don't use floppies all that often -- maybe a sneaker net-transfer of a script between the netbook and the desktop -- but it's just that I enjoy seeing everything on the system 'working'.  Besides, KFloppy (and its Trinity variant) remain listed as one of the KDE utilities --?? 

From the error message, I got the impression that KFloppy is looking for a mount point that doesn't exist -- if this is all it is, then I wonder why dropping a hard link into /media might not fix it, without patching the program itself.  If it goes deeper than that, well, then back to terminal ...

Board footer