You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-22 12:30

linuts

WiFi Speed not good

1st can i say what a Fantastic Linux OS this is. I have tried 4 other distros todate and Q4OS is by far the one my old Laptop runs best.  This is my first Delving into Linux after years on the Windows OS.

My Only complaint is that my Internet/WiFi speed is not good, I am getting between 1.5MB/s and 2MB/S Download where as in Windows i was getting between 10MB/s and 12MB/s Download. Not being to Tech savvy on Linux I was wondering if there is someone here that can give me some pointers on how to try and rectify it.
Thanks
John

#2 2021-09-18 08:39

BonusBrain

Re: WiFi Speed not good

This might not help you much but I have a mix of desktop boxes and notebooks and they all react differently with WiFi. Sometimes this is related to the network card/drivers or just the proximity of the particular machine to the router. In most houses you will need a minimum of something like the TP-Link Archer c6 to guarantee a good coverage. Even so I have one particular weak spot in a room I use for peace and quiet but I solved the issue there by buying a USB extension cable and a WiFi dongle that I fixed to a high point on the wall. This makes a dramatic speed difference since it’s not practical to hold the laptop up over your head. big_smile

Board footer