You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-20 06:23

missions.mike

Looking for TDE Bibletime users for answers . . .

I am assuming Gemini will install "bibletime-trinity_14.0.x", I was hoping that to get some input as to whether the Personal commentary works (meaning can it be edited by bibletime-trinity_14.0.x).

The last time I used Bibletime was with Mepis which I was sad to stop using. But even then Bibletime (and Xiphos for that matter) started having issues with editing the commentary. I have been having to use Xiphos built from source for the longest time now  . . .

I am heavily dependent on being able to edit the commentary and I want to be sure before the switch to Q4OS. I am sure I will switch even if I use Plasma because Bibletime 3.0 has this ability. I would rather use Trinity for the low resource usage. I have a very old Acer Aspire with a 2Ghz Celeron and only 3GB ram (the plus side is it's 64 bit). Most Linux Distros really tax this poor thing and Jessie was the last really great distro to run on it.

I also wonder about using KOffice (kword-trinity_14.0.x?) -- which I am open to -- because Libreoffice is just too much for how I use it, and most the time it causes my memory usage to go very high due to my having a bunch of other things going on while I am working. If kword-trinity_14.0.x will work with docx files I am OK with it. Otherwise I'll just continue using Abiword.

Any suggestions or input from experience would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Board footer