You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-13 13:20

ConvertToRGB

Hep me to boot Q4OS TDE

Hi! I'm new into linux and I tried to install Q4OS on an old computer.
I couldn't boot regular instal from usb flash drive (I had black screen), that's why I chosed safe install option (second line in a boot menu) and it worked well and loaded the system.
After I managed to boot Q4OS from usb flash drive then I installed it on a HDD (Hitachi HDS5C1032CLA382 ATA Device). After that it asked me to restart system and I did it. After it closed some programms and started to restart I unplugged usb flash drive and waited.
The boot process usually stopped every time on a this string:
"Started udev Kernel Device Manager"

But last time there was other text printed next:
Kernel panic: not syncing: Timeout: Not all CPUs entered broadcast exception handler
Shutting down CPUs with NMI Kernel Offset: Disabled
Kernel Offset: (photo attached)
And yes, it didn't reboot in 30 seconds.

Please help me to boot Q4OS. I'm so close to use it, but still so far.

Here are specs:
Processor: DualCore Intel Celeron E3400, 2600 MHz (13 x 200)
Motherboard: Asus P5G41T-M LX2/GB  (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Videoadapter: Intel G41 Chipset - Integrated Graphics
3D-accelerator: Intel GMA X4500

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 753DF  [17" CRT]  (HJFNA02489)

IDE:    Intel(R) ICH7 Family Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF
IDE:    Intel(R) N10/ICH7 Family Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
HDD: Hitachi HDS5C1032CLA382 ATA Device  (320 Gb, 5700 RPM, SATA-II)

BIOS version: 0401

Last edited by ConvertToRGB (2021-07-22 17:15)

#2 2021-07-13 14:27

Tolkem

Re: Hep me to boot Q4OS TDE

ConvertToRGB wrote:

. After that it asked me to restart system and I did it. After it closed some programms and started to restart I unplugged usb flash drive and waited.

I'm not entirely sure, but the problem might be that you disconnected the USB too soon. I say reinstall, and this time wait till it completely reboots, go to your bios settings and change the boot priority to the HDD, remove the USB, save your changes and cross your fingers(just kidding) big_smile Hopefully, everything will work as expected this time.

Last edited by Tolkem (2021-07-13 14:28)

#3 2021-07-13 15:05

ConvertToRGB

Tolkem wrote:
ConvertToRGB wrote:

. After that it asked me to restart system and I did it. After it closed some programms and started to restart I unplugged usb flash drive and waited.

I'm not entirely sure, but the problem might be that you disconnected the USB too soon. I say reinstall, and this time wait till it completely reboots, go to your bios settings and change the boot priority to the HDD, remove the USB, save your changes and cross your fingers(just kidding) big_smile Hopefully, everything will work as expected this time.

Thanks for reply! I tried it just now and unfortunatelly it stopped at the same place.

Also I forgot to mention that Q4OS couldn't start if I choose basic option, I had black screen. That's why I choose safe mod (second line in boot menu) when booted Q4OS from the usb flash drive.

Last edited by ConvertToRGB (2021-07-13 15:10)

#4 2021-07-13 16:11

Tolkem

ConvertToRGB wrote:

Thanks for reply! I tried it just now and unfortunatelly it stopped at the same place.

Also I forgot to mention that Q4OS couldn't start if I choose basic option, I had black screen. That's why I choose safe mod (second line in boot menu) when booted Q4OS from the usb flash drive.

Too bad it didn't work. Well, it was worth a shot. This sounds like a graphics driver issue. I forgot to ask before, but what version of Q4OS are you trying to install? Centaurus 3.15? Gemini 4.5? What .iso version did you download? Live .iso or just the install .iso? Trinity or Plasma? You can reply with the link you downloaded the .iso from.

#5 2021-07-22 17:04

ConvertToRGB

Tolkem, thanks for help! Sorry for delay, I wasn't able to use internet for a while.
I couldn't install Q4OS, but I managed to install lubuntu-18.04.5. That's why information about specs and other stuff is not actual anymore. But anyway thanks! Be well!

Board footer