You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-08 19:58

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

More applications for Q4OS

Some additional applications that are not part of the software center are available for download and easy installation:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/q4os/f … ntal_apps/

S4 Snapshot ... clone the running system
Opera .. web browser
Vivaldi .. web browser
Palemoon .. web browser
Microsoft Edge .. web browser
Zoom .. communication client
Skype .. messaging client
TeamViewer .. remote desktop control
Anydesk .. remote desktop control
ProtonVPN ... proprietary VPN solution
Dropbox .. cloud storage
Virtualbox .. virtualization software
Ventoy .. multiboot USB drive tool
Etcher ... create bootable USB
Wine .. install Windows applications
MX tools .. MX tools compiled for Debian

Installation is pretty easy. Just download the installer and run it from file manager. Please note, installers are considered as testing at the moment, however the installed applications should be rather stable. Most of installers include update repositories, so the applications keep up to date.

Installers source code is available on GitHub, anyone is welcome to join the development https://github.com/q4os-installers

Last edited by q4osteam (2023-08-03 07:50)

#2 2021-06-09 12:57

Cheker

Re: More applications for Q4OS

I had a spare nested VM of Q4 so I gave some of these a go. Vivaldi, Opera, Edge and MX Tools worked. Etcher does not, it fails to install.

FluxBB bbcode test

#3 2021-06-09 17:50

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Cheker wrote:

... Etcher does not, it fails to install.

Thanks for reporting. A new, fixed Etcher installer version "3.2-a1" is now available for download.

#4 2021-06-30 19:04

sasatavse

GREETINGS,

I am new to this platform so I do not know how to install Sourceforge on my PC. So, please guide me through this.

Thank you.

Last edited by sasatavse (2021-06-30 19:06)

#5 2021-07-01 07:55

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

You don't need to install SourceForge. Just click on the link https://sourceforge.net/projects/q4os/f … ntal_apps/ in a web browser, download the desired installer and click on it in file manger and follow the guide.

#6 2021-07-19 21:37

judydudi
Website

This is the best news in a long time for me.
Teamviewer, Anydesk, MX-Tools and more. This makes the standard configuration for my computers a lot easier for me. I've seen this installer in the Gemini test build. now I am eagerly waiting for gemini stable build to be published.
Thank you for this improvement!

#7 2021-07-20 14:43

allenstein

MX Tools set is a great asset. Particularly fantastic Snapshot and Live-USB-Maker tools, the most important ones...
My testing on both Centaurus and Gemini Trinity brought about the following observation:
- The entire MX Tools set installs without a hitch
- ISO Snapshot executes fine and completes creation of Snapshot ISO.
- Live-USB-Maker run on the resulting snapshot ISO creates a Q4OS Live instance with no errors, however with a few issues with the resulting Live:
1 - On a few laptops I tested it boots to cli prompt to log-in, rather than GUI login. after login and startx proceeds to Trinity desktop
2 - During bootin process it waits 1min 30sec with a message something like 'start job running for sys-subsystem-net-devices-...'.
3 - Network appears to be connected fine, however browser is not able to access Internet for some reason. I am trying to identify what prevents it, such as firewall settings or something else...

I was told that the above issues have to do with systemd starting some unnecessary services, such as wpa-supplicants, and other  network related. Unnecessary to be started at that point as Network Manager should be taking care of this after boot.
Just a few observations...
Thanks and Regards...

#8 2021-07-20 15:21

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

@allenstein
Thanks for reporting. Please keep in mind the MX Tools for Q4OS/Debian is a testing compilation at the moment. We are considering to start a new project on Github for everyone be able to contribute to the source code.

#9 2021-07-20 15:44

allenstein

q4osteam wrote:

@allenstein
Thanks for reporting. Please keep in mind the MX Tools for Q4OS/Debian is a testing compilation at the moment. We are considering to start a new project on Github for everyone be able to contribute to the source code.

Understood. Thanks for heads-up...
Q4OS, excellent as it is already, can greatly benefit if such key tools are integrated.
Thanks and Regards...

#10 2021-07-20 15:54

Tolkem

I just installed ProtonVPN GUI and can confirm that it installs and works just fine! So thank you so much! One thing that should be noted, is that users need to have at hand their OpenVPN password, since the app will ask for it when trying to connect to a server, which they can get by going to proton site, logging in, going to dashboard, click on account, then click on OpenVPN username, click the copy button, then past it to the password dialog, click ok and that's it. smile

#11 2021-12-30 21:36

alegretristeza

Hello. I tried q4os-2.7-i686pae.r5.iso on an old Pentium 32 bit, which currently works with Linux-Mint 18.3; and, as I liked the aesthetics of Q4OS, I want to check if the programs I normally use are easily installable and work well. They are as follows:
- Firefox and Tor Browser.
- Thunderbird.
- Timeshift.
- Telegram.
- KeyPassXC.
- Mega.
- Calibre.
- Libre Office.
- Master PDF.
- Games: Mahjong, Solitaire and ColorCode.

I hope I haven’t broken any forum rules by specifying these programs.
Greetings and thanks in advance.

#12 2022-01-17 22:40

Seaken64

Thanks for this, I didn't even think it was possible to have MX Tools on Q4OS. That is a very cool thing. I just installed it. Now I know what .esh stands for. It is the Setup Wizard. I had seen that before when I set up some programs from the Software Centre.

I'm learning. Thank you for Q4OS. It's running great on my old Pentium 4 HyperThread @3.2 Ghz and 3G RAM.

Seaken64

#13 2022-01-17 22:42

Seaken64

@alegretristeza, are you asking if those programs will install in Q4OS version 2.7? Or, are you reporting that you have done so?

Seaken64

#14 2022-06-18 16:00

rocotzin

Hello, first, thank you very much for the work, I really like the system and I'm learning to use it as the main machine, in my case I installed Zoom, but it doesn't work, it's outdated.
I was able to use it through the package .deb and gdebi , downloading it from the Zoom website

Thanks

Sorry if you can't understand, I'm using a translator tongue

Q4os machines:------Hp dv6 3040us, 4gb ram, AMD  Phenom II N830, HDD 320gb-------Hp mini 110-3712la, 1gb ram, Intel Atom N455, HDD 500gb. -----------I'm learning english, sorry.

#15 2022-07-01 00:30

JSM
Banned

If you have problems with some videos in Opera, this fix is still working:

https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … 661#p21661

#16 2023-08-16 09:52

q4OSsimpleUser

Dear Q4OS team and users,

I'm writing here because I have seen that the Palemoon installer (github.com/q4os-installers/palemoon) has not been integrated in the home page of the latest Q4OS version (5.2, i386 r2 installer), where links to packages such are LibreOffice are located.

Pale moon is rather a good alternative to Firefox (allowing the integration of the latter's settings), lighter for less powerful computers.

Thank you.

Best regards,

#17 2023-08-16 12:08

Senas Komunistas

q4OSsimpleUser wrote:

Dear Q4OS team and users,

I'm writing here because I have seen that the Palemoon installer (github.com/q4os-installers/palemoon) has not been integrated in the home page of the latest Q4OS version (5.2, i386 r2 installer), where links to packages such are LibreOffice are located.

Pale moon is rather a good alternative to Firefox (allowing the integration of the latter's settings), lighter for less powerful computers.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hello. Actually, you can use Palemoon without installing it. It is not necessary to install Pale Moon to use it. It is distributed as an xz-compressed tarball which can be extracted anywhere and then launched by executing the "palemoon" file inside it.

#18 2023-08-23 13:46

q4OSsimpleUser

Senas Komunistas wrote:

Hello. Actually, you can use Palemoon without installing it. It is not necessary to install Pale Moon to use it. It is distributed as an xz-compressed tarball which can be extracted anywhere and then launched by executing the "palemoon" file inside it.

Hello,
Indeed, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you, it's a good idea (however, unless I'm mistaken, the q4os-installer should allow to have a version automatically updated, via an openSUSE repository I believe).
Thanks. Best regards,

#19 2023-09-05 08:03

BrianMiller

Hey! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

#20 2023-09-05 12:01

Senas Komunistas

BrianMiller wrote:

Hey! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Hello.

More info here