You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-27 09:19

Hukożęszczybręszczyżewicz
Website

Lots of questions about Q4OS

1. Is the source code of Q4OS-CentaurusTrinity-insatllCD available for download?
(I'm asking because I'd like to remake the system myself and make it look like Windows7)

2. How do I fix desktop icon renaming?
When I change the TRASH and MY COMPUTER icons to my own, for example "PC" and "KOSZ" (in Polish lang.),
and after a while I click REFRESH THE DESKTOP ... all previous names return to their place.
The same thing happens when I restart my computer.

3. In what files does Trinity store translations from English into Polish?
There are a lot of errors in Polish in the package or the translation into Polish is missing.
I would like to edit it myself (and then send it to the authors of the Q4OS system).

4. There is no POWER MANAGER icon (known from other Linux distributions, next to the system clock + screen brightness).
How to install it on Trinity?

5. I need a screenshot program. Currently, nothing happens when the PrintScreen key is pressed, no application is assigned.
I've been on Debian for a week now, I've always used Arch Linux so it's a bit difficult for me.
I am looking for a ScreenShot where I can select a portion of the screen to take a screenshot of the selected field.

6. Does such a thing exist in "Trinity-OS"?
8839391300_1619511108.png
An applet for Xfce4 called NetworkManager known for example from Linux Arch?
Shows the sending and receiving speed.

7. I would like to get rid of everything from the system related to Plasma-KDE environments and eg XFCE - staying only on Trinity.
Where to start cleaning?
All I need is a regular Windows icon set ...
no unnecessary toys

8. What firewall do you recommend?
How to install and run it?

Sorry for my English, my country is handicapped so I don't know English and uncle - google translator - sometimes acts as if he comes from poland - he is often drunk.

I couldn't have had a computer if linux didn't exist ...  & sorry for my English

#2 2021-04-27 13:28

bin

Re: Lots of questions about Q4OS

1. The Q4OS part is not. You'd be better off looking here https://xpq4.sourceforge.io/

2. Icon renaming is interesting - they're owned by root

3. Talk to the developers - I'm sure they will welcome any translation assist.

4. Install tdepowersave-trinity

5. Install ksnapshot-trinity

6. That info is available on the tde network icon

7. If you installed from a Trinity medium then that's what you get. There are other config file folders in place to handle installation of other DEs. They do no harm - you can remove them if you know what you're doing. I suggest you leave them alone for a while.

8. kmyfirewall-trinity or gufw if you feel you need a firewall

#3 2021-04-27 16:50

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Ad 1 .. Source code for Trinity and Debian part is fully available from the upstream repositories. Some of the Q4OS source code is available just by unpacking the "deb" packages, the rest of sources needed for architecture dependent compilation is provided on request. Unfortunately, it's not maintained as the native Debian source packages, so there is no easy way to compile Q4OS from that source. We want to provide the full source code repository in the Debian way, however it's a long term task.

#4 2021-04-27 19:57

aluma

Hukożęszczybręszczyżewicz wrote:

1. Is the source code of Q4OS-CentaurusTrinity-insatllCD available for download?
(I'm asking because I'd like to remake the system myself ...

That is "марна праця". smile
(At one time it was more interesting for me than computer games)
Let me explain why.

There is a masterpiece, bionicpup32-8.0 + 26-uefi. Compiled with a modern kernel, but without the newfangled systemd, pulseaudio, etc. At the same time, absolutely everything works on my lenovo s205, even the PrintScrn button.
As a Lite browser, a lightweight clone of Firefox. This is the only option when I can watch YouTube videos in 1080 resolution. And the GPU test scores are one and a half times higher than with modern mainstream distributions.
But all this splendor ends if you install a modern browser, the performance is the same as usual.
In other words, "the point is in modern websites and browsers" (C) someone, I do not remember.

You can see for yourself. It is loaded from a USB flash drive, if you specify a folder on your hard drive, it saves the changes.
Regards.

#5 2021-04-28 05:44

Hukożęszczybręszczyżewicz
Website

Hello neighbor ...
Where to get it?

As for the browser, I use mine. I am compiling Firefox from source. I completely rewrite [about:config], my firefox doesn't connect to anything, not even a browser update service and add-ons. Is very fast. I do the same with Thunderbird 15.0. He has never failed in years.

I couldn't have had a computer if linux didn't exist ...  & sorry for my English

Board footer