You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-26 12:32

Hukożęszczybręszczyżewicz
Website

Very very good job!

Linux O4OS is the linux I've been waiting for.
Great job!

I don't want Linux Manjaro anymore, I don't want Ubuntu, Mint, Arch...  I don't want anything ...

Finally something is small and works!

Greetings for all  from stupid Poland ...

I couldn't have had a computer if linux didn't exist ...  & sorry for my English

#2 2021-05-03 20:16

aluma

Re: Very very good job!

I agree with you. smile
What's great about Linux is its choice, from LFS to monstrous distributions.

Unfortunately, KDE / TDE has lost one of its advantages - all core applications with a single graphics library. Neither konqueror, like an internet browser, nor kmail, nor koffice, meet today's standards.
But here one can only regret

Regarding Q4os, it is as close as possible to the requirements of a common user. At any rate, it worked out of the box on 4 of my computers.
What can not be said about Debian, debian-live-10.9.0-i386-gnome does not see a wifi adapter on my netbook, obviously the driver is in the non-free repository, this option is simply not interesting to me.

#3 2021-07-24 17:40

blastermr

Re: Very very good job!

FWIW, I'm using the i368 version on my ancient ATOM machines (compact, CD-Player converts), and it works great!  TDE is a wonderful small desktop, and it - just - works!  No problems on install, networking, sound, and video all functioning properly.

I am not likely to be quick about it, but using the Plasma version on my main computers may be the way I go next upgrade (currently on Mint).

For older, smaller (limited RAM, storage, possibly 386), I think Q4OS is the way to go.  Better than other current options.

Board footer