You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-23 01:59

JSM
Banned

Scroll bars and menus

Hi

I'm testing Q4OS with Trinity desktop. Two questions about this:

When I open a system tool, no scroll bars are displayed in the window. My screen is small and sometimes I can't see the bottom of the window. Is that just like that, or can I activate the scroll bars somewhere?

I have chosen the simplest menu display, with only one column. But with so many applications there are sometimes 3 or 4 submenus. Can I add my preferred applications directly as a menu item in the first menu?

Thanks for the help!

#2 2021-04-23 19:43

JSM
Banned

Re: Scroll bars and menus

I found the menu editing :-) : Welcome Screen-Swicht to Kickoff startmenu-switch to "classic" and "categories"-apply. Then with right click on a menu item "edit menu".

I haven't been able to solve the problem with the scroll bars yet.

#3 2021-04-24 18:34

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

JSM wrote:

When I open a system tool, no scroll bars are displayed in the window. My screen is small and sometimes I can't see the bottom of the window.

You may want to hold the right "Alt" key, click with mouse somewhere inside the window and drag the window out of screen border to get the bottom of the window visible.

#4 2021-04-26 00:52

JSM
Banned

Thank you so much!

It works well. Now I can increase the font size again a bit ;-)

My test with Q4OS is extremely positive. It's a very good system and runs relatively quickly with 1GB of Ram! With GNOM Software I have the right tool to easily install many good programs. I also get along well with the terminal. I don't particularly like the Packed Manager, but that was already the case on Lubuntu.

So Q4OS is a perfect option because Lubuntu has become too heavy for 1GB Ram. Now I'm going to test the Tiny Core Plus just because I'm interested in what it is and what it can do. I'm curious what to expect there :-)

Board footer