You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-01 22:18

upALLnight

Colour/dpi (?) errors on adjusting screen resolution in TDE

Morning!

When I got to control panel > sys admin > monitor & display > resolution & layout and click on apply to adjust screen resolution on my laptop monitor, or the external monitor, TDE inverses (?) its colours and seems to lose dpi.

I took a screenshot, attached, but when I went to attach just noticed it does not seem to have captured the distortion of either. I will attempt to recreate the error, take a shot with my phone, and post that in a moment.

Not experiencing the same problem under Plasma or LXQT desktops, only TDE - but it * is * the fastest on my old gear.

btw had my first phone upload rejected for being too large, with an error message telling me it was too large ... but not what the file size should be?

Last edited by upALLnight (2021-04-01 23:15)

Attachments:
png wonky screen.png, Size: 170.85 KiB, Downloads: 325
jpg 20210402_102316.jpg, Size: 234.32 KiB, Downloads: 328

#2 2021-04-05 20:32

upALLnight

Re: Colour/dpi (?) errors on adjusting screen resolution in TDE

Solved!

Researching solutions for this ^ problem, I saw repeated references to randr, along with screeds of complicated terminal instructions. On the chance it might help I looked it up in Synaptics package manager, marked whatever randr files showed up for installation including - aha! randr GUI - and gave it a try.

Wonders of wonders, a link to an easy GUI popped up as soon as I typed randr into the start bar search box. Clicked on it and enabled the external monitor via Outputs and voila, it worked, no worries. Problem solved, yay.

Is there a way for users like me to mark their own problems solved?

#3 2021-04-05 23:22

JimW

Go to the first post of the thread and you can edit the title.

#4 2021-04-21 06:41

upALLnight

Thanks @JimW for the quick title fix.

However I'm still having problems so won't mark it solved yet. Got everything working and turned off because the old dear overheats (probably needs a good air can blast but I'm too poor to spare the $10) otherwise.

1st problem - desktop changes not auto-saving
2nd problem - all desktop colours change and text distorts (exact same as screenshots above)

So even if I do get desktop change to auto-save? I get the same colour change and text distortion as before. All it takes is to click "apply" in randr, and after the screens black/blue out, reappears as per screenshots.

I should follow the git format for my answers, sorry.

#5 2021-04-21 09:09

aluma

Maybe I'm wrong, but the reason is not in the TDE, but rather in the video driver.

On a netbook with Radeon, I can change the screen resolution as a simple user, but if I enable global settings in administrator mode , and try to change the gammu, for example, the fonts and colors change.

At the same time, in the same version of Q4os on a desktop with integrated video intel, everything works great.

PS. A similar problem with sound. On a desktop with Audigy2 everything is OK, on a netbook with intel sb, Kmix is buggy.
And who to complain to? smile

PPS.The most curious thing.
I took a screenshot of a netbook with inverted colors after administration. But when I opened the screenshot file, I saw normal colors!
The fonts are really different.-

Edit.
I will add a photo of the screen. This is how the color changes when you try to administer.

Last edited by aluma (2021-04-21 16:12)

Attachments:
png снимок3.png, Size: 76.27 KiB, Downloads: 328
jpg IMG_5138.JPG, Size: 164.94 KiB, Downloads: 333

Board footer