You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-12 09:17

Carlosfloo

Wifi Signal Disconnection

Hello, good morning, afternoon or night, the problem that appears to me is with the distribution "centaurus plasma live", the problem is the following: I was as usual looking for and installing the applications I needed, until I got to install gimp, the Which gave me an installation error, this because the wifi signal had been lost, I was checking and only the pc that had the Q4OS, had no signal, so I decided to restart it, but the problem persists, could you give me a solution? Tell me how to format the operating system, I would appreciate it, thank you.

#2 2020-11-12 23:43

Tolkem

Re: Wifi Signal Disconnection

Carlosfloo wrote:

Hello, good morning, afternoon or night, the problem that appears to me is with the distribution "centaurus plasma live", the problem is the following: I was as usual looking for and installing the applications I needed, until I got to install gimp, the Which gave me an installation error, this because the wifi signal had been lost, I was checking and only the pc that had the Q4OS, had no signal, so I decided to restart it, but the problem persists, could you give me a solution? Tell me how to format the operating system, I would appreciate it, thank you.

Hi,

You might try a few things and see if that helps:

1. Clean DNS cache, for that open a terminal and type:

sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

hit enter, type your password when asked and wait for the process to finish.

2. Restart NetworkManager.service. For that, open a terminal and type:

sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager.service

hit enter, type your password when asked and wait.

If any of those works, you might want to create and alias so you don't have to type them again in case you need to. For that, in a terminal type:

nano .bash_aliases

hit enter and in the new file write:

alias ccache="sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart"
alias net="sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager.service"

hit ctrl+o then enter to save the file, hit ctrl+x to close nano. Then type in the terminal

. .bash_aliases

and that's it. In the future if face with the same situation just open a terminal and type

net

to restart NetworkManager.service or

ccache

to clean the DNS cache.

Regarding "how to format the operating system" I guess you mean "how to format the computer" and the only way is to reinstall Q4OS.

Hope this helps! smile

Board footer