You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-04 09:32

tardima

Q4OS Centaurus Trinity live 64bit- keyboard layouts fail to switch(+)

Dear fellows, I need your help in fixing one issue in otherwise almost-perfect distro.
I need several keyboards layout, I got them working on all other distros I tested (arch-based, deb-based, ub-based, slackware-based).
Yet on this one to my surprise the layouts fail to switch despite all features proferly ticked in xkb config. I may add one hotkeys combo, I may add 5 of them - to no avail. While with the mouse clicking on the layout indicator all works fine. BTW, please, change default layout indicator status from "hidden" to "visible" - that will help significantly in finding it when first starting the unfamiliar OS+desktop combo.
So, how to fix keyboard layouts non-switching via hotkeys only?
Thanks in advance,
Dmitry.

#2 2020-11-04 10:17

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Q4OS Centaurus Trinity live 64bit- keyboard layouts fail to switch(+)

#3 2020-11-04 10:38

tardima

Thank you for prompt answer. I tried both suggestions, here are the results.

https://www.q4os.org/dqa011.html#desktop.11
Unchecked (cleared) "Disable KHotKeys" checkbox - nothing changed. (Reboot was not suggested, btw). I think it would be nice to have this option unchecked by default  when distro strarts. Simply because one naturally anticipates hotkeys are ON, both in win and lin OS-es. Gestures is other story, kepp them off by default.

q4osteam wrote:

Please read:
https://www.q4os.org/dqa011.html#desktop.13
Tried  'Alt+Space' or 'Ctrl+Alt+K' combos. Both work flawlessly, aven with non-latin layout without the need for "add latin layout" workaround.
and post back if it helps.

Supposedly, 4.11 suggestion might work after reboot, but since there is no persist mode in live session one can not verify it.
I can not dive into "install to HDD" adventure over my existing environment (I indeed plan to do - to move to q4os from other deb-based distro) before I am sure I will be able to adjust all the DE settings as I accustomed to.

Thank you for your help indeed.

#4 2020-11-04 11:03

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

tardima wrote:

Supposedly, 4.11 suggestion might work after reboot, but since there is no persist mode in live session one can not verify it.

You only need to log off/in.

tardima wrote:

I think it would be nice to have this option unchecked by default  when distro strarts.

It's disabled by default to save memory and computing resources as much as possible. A user can anytime switch it on. Anyway we will consider a change for Q4OS Gemini.

#5 2020-11-04 11:22

tardima

Logged off and back in twice - no changes. Adjustments are kept, default hotkeys combo (Alt-Space) works, while
setxkbmap -option grp:ctrl_shift_toggle,grp:alt_shift_toggle
has no effect still.
Switching options=Global, "show country flag" works instantly on and off, all is fine except user-set hotkeys fail to work.

q4osteam wrote:

4.11 You only need to log off/in.

Board footer