You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-09 12:07

bin

Systemback is back

Good to see that Sytemback is seeing a bit of love

https://github.com/fconidi/systemback-i … pack-1.9.3

1.9.3 includes Stretch packages but not installable, 1.9.4 is Buster onwards.

In the previous 1.8.4 version you could install the Jessie version in Stretch and it worked.

I've had it with Timeshift after a number of failed restores!!!

Systemback always just worked - once you'd dealt with the odd non standard top level folders in Q4 smile

Last edited by bin (2020-07-10 05:52)

#2 2020-07-19 20:34

Tolkem

Re: Systemback is back

Systemback always just worked - once you'd dealt with the odd non standard top level folders in Q4

I also like systemback, however, I took a look at the developer's blog https://francoconidi.it/systemback-1-9- … ntu-20-04/ and noted this

Systemback 1.9.4 for Debian 10 Ubuntu 20.04

In the past few days in lockdown for covid-19 , I took a look at systemback-1.9.3 , adapting it to make it work on Debian Buster 10, and Ubuntu 20.04. I fixed some bugs, such as the size of the distro installed via live, and other things. I have tested on: Debian 10, Ubuntu 20.04, AV Linux and it seems to work perfectly. Problems are encountered on Debian 10 derivatives: such as the inability to boot in UEFI mode. Packages, and source code are on Github and Sourceforge .

Also,

BUG

with Mate Desktop there are problems with caja, where you are unable to open the file manager and where the folders do not open and are not seen on the desktop.

I installed it in Q4OS and my Ubuntu system as well with no problem, I haven't really tried it though - I haven't created some snapshop of the system with it. I plan doing that on a VM just to be sure and as soon as I do will report back whatever I find. I've been using luckybackup for sometime now and it just works.

BTW, thanks for sharing. smile

Board footer