You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-07 20:25

wove

More Pinebook Pro using/testing.

Overall the Pinebook Pro Testing image 2 has been doing quite well. There have been a few updates both I think from the Armbian base as well as the Q4OS team.

Power management I beleive is working better on Q4OS than other distros for the Pinebook Pro. It sleeps and wakes, starts and shuts down very reliable. I think it uses more power than it should. I get ~5-6 hours of run time and from trying the Pinebook Pro's default Manjaro 8-9 is possible. Q4OS does better however in its consistany of suspending and waking.

There are a few remaining annoyances for me. The sound system is trouble to deal with, which is noted as a bug. If you quit Amarok while it is playing a stream, you get an application crash. If you try and shut down while Amarok is play a stream the computer often crashes. These could be bug from TDE, just a part of sound setup bug, or perhaps something in Armbians base install.

Not really a bug, but an annoyance with Q4OS is the lack of a way to configure the touchpad via a GUI. Any controls related to sensitivity, multi touch etc can only be dealt with via editing configuration files. Perhaps there is software I could install that would provide a GUI interface.

Akregator freezes when trying to fetch feeds. This problem with Akregator appears to impact all versions of Akregator that run on the Armbian base. That suggests to me that Armbian is missing some needed backend components, or has the components but they are miss configured. (I did a bit of digging and found that perhaps metakit (or the package metakit is part of) has not been compiled for arm64.)

Most of the problems I have had relating to configuring panels have either been corrected or I have just figured out how to set things up without triggering them. smile Kate does not show up as being installed, however Alt F2 or the terminal can be used to open Kate. (I guess I could make a menu entry for it.) There seems to be a lot of stuff installed that is redundant. Krusader, Thunar and Konqueror for instance are all included for file managers.

Thanks to the team for all their work. I always remain excited to see updates and fixes.

bill

#2 2020-06-08 10:03

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: More Pinebook Pro using/testing.

Thanks for reporting, we are working to investigate and fix the issues smile

Board footer