You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-28 20:07

wove

Working with the latest testing2.img for the Pinebook Pro

I have been using the latest testing2 image of Q4OS on the Pinebook Pro. It has settled into a basically nice working system.

The big issues I run into or at least the most bothering details from it are as follows. The sound is a pain, while it can be set to work just fine, it seems to loose the settings and needs to be reconfigured often. It is also bothering that the laptop keys for volume do not work. kmilo for Trinity installs and it brings up the volume indicator but it does not function.

The network connection has to be turned on everytime you start, log back in, or wake from sleep. It would be very nice if it would automatically reconnect especially on wake from sleep.

Akregator just does not work. If you play with it enough it will end up taking down the whole system. If it was install as part of the tdepim, trying to uninstall Akregator results in removing the whole tdepim.

Amarok asks to setup up your folders for music when you start it for the first time. It will say it is setting up your collection, but does nothing. However if you go to the "collection" tab there appears  gear icon in the bar, which allows you to select your folder. When you do that, you notice that no folders are selected, and once you select the folder with your music it will almost immediatly fill in your collection. It would appear asking for folders on the first run has no effect.

I noted in an earlier post that setting up screen scaling causes cpu usage to really spike. That appears to just be some anomoly, I did a fresh install later and did not encounter that problem. I have scaling set to 1.3 and cpu usage is very low.

Over testing2 has been quite good. Power management is respectable. It suspends on power button push and lid close and wakes on power button. It is using ~3-5%/hour when suspended, which is tolerable, but higher than desired.

Q4OS for the Pinebook Pro is coming along very nicely. Thank you for all your efforts.

bill

#2 2020-05-29 09:48

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Working with the latest testing2.img for the Pinebook Pro

We are aware the system needs a lot of tuning, your reporting helps us significantly. Thanks for such a valuable reporting smile

#3 2020-05-29 10:11

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

wove wrote:

The network connection has to be turned on everytime you start, log back in, or wake from sleep. It would be very nice if it would automatically reconnect especially on wake from sleep.

Does this work for you ?
Right click on the tdenetwork-manager icon in the system tray > Edit connections > Select and edit the wireless connection > Next > Check the auto-connect checkbox > Save

#4 2020-05-29 13:00

wove

That does work, thank you. I do not recall seeing an  auto-connect during the initial setup on first boot.

bill

Board footer