You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-21 02:51

wove

Oh my, a new Pinebook Pro release

Thank you so much for the new Pinebook Pro release.

I could not seem to update my current install r5, so I just assume that r6 requires a fresh install. The battery indicator is very much appreciated. In my case it really makes the system a solid workable system for the Pinebook Pro.

Just like on the current testing Raspberry Pi image, the Dock Application Bar, just opens on the right side of the screen and of course does not display any menu in that configuration.

I installed Synaptic, which works well at installing software, however it never asks for a password, it just opens and installs/removes what you have selected.

Overall Q4OS seems very snappy and quite stable. Your efforts in creating this are much appreciated.

bill

#2 2020-02-21 08:20

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Oh my, a new Pinebook Pro release

wove wrote:

Just like on the current testing Raspberry Pi image, the Dock Application Bar, just opens on the right side of the screen and of course does not display any menu in that configuration.

You could simply move the complete system panel from bottom to the right screen edge, if considered appropriate.

wove wrote:

I installed Synaptic, which works well at installing software, however it never asks for a password, it just opens and installs/removes what you have selected.

This is the default Raspbian configuration to suppress sudo passwords completely. It could be configured in "/etc/sudoers.d/" .

#3 2020-02-22 01:08

wove

Re: Oh my, a new Pinebook Pro release

q4osteam wrote:
wove wrote:

You could simply move the complete system panel from bottom to the right screen edge, if considered appropriate.

The Dock Application Bar seems to be hard coded to be on the right side of the screen. Even when I put the main panel on the right side of the screen the Dock Application Bar appears beside the Main Panel on the right edge of the screen. It is not necessarily a deal breaker, but I am a creature of habit and from a UI standpoint motor memory always has me moving the pointer to where I think things should be.

wove wrote:

This is the default Raspbian configuration to suppress sudo passwords completely. It could be configured in "/etc/sudoers.d/" .

I had not thought about that on the Raspberry Pi, but you are correct it also never asks for a password. I did find that after using the system for a while and after a few restarts, Synaptics does revert to asking for a password.

I am finding this r6 Pinebook Pro image to be a real delight to use. It has been easy to configure, very stable and with the battery monitor working a pretty trouble free system. The only issue I have noted today is that the network manager drops the connection frequently.
Thanks again for the update.

bill

Board footer