You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-22 13:05

habs2habs

please help,

Dear Sir,Madam

please i need your help.i am new user of Linux,deb.

i installed Q4OS ,everytimes i need to update the software,it ask me to put the password for (Authentication) to be able to update the software.

in the top of the screen it is saying:

policykit1-KDE agent

kindly can you please tell me how to stop this everytimes i need to update software.

As well, I installed WINE software,to be able to download and install software like window OS very easily,but I do not know how to use WINE software.

I hope to hear from you very soon

my kindest regards

habib

#2 2020-01-23 02:12

wove

Re: please help,

Linux systems require users to authenticate in order to update the system. It is just the way it works. MacOS requires a password as well and Windows requires you to click the button in a dialog box. Those actions are authentication as well. Authentication is just part of using newer multi-user OSes. You will just need to enter your password.

I do not know anything about using Wine. I am sure someone else will chime in and provide you with some help.
bill

#3 2020-01-24 04:11

DavidB
Website

Re: please help,

In regards to WINE, go into your programs menu and you should see an entry there for Wine.  In the Wine sub-menu, you should see an entry labelled, "Control Panel".  Double click on "Control Panel", then, you will see an icon labelled "Add/Remove Programs".  Double click on it, then click the "Install" button to install new MS-Windows software (these should be .EXE files).

Current setup:  Acer Aspire One D257 / Q4OS Centaurus / TDE / SeaMonkey 2.53.8.1

Board footer