You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-17 18:38

omegadx

Hi, I need some help

At first I beg you pardon for my bad english. It is long time ago since I learned english in school.

But now to my problem.
I made me a new installation cd from the 32 bit iso image from your download page, i think it is called Centaurus. All ist going well, but after the installation, I tried to install the last software packages, my old laptop noticed. That there is no internet connection.
My wlan card ist shut down.
I don't know how tu wake up. In the Network Manager when i started to find a new connection with wlan, nothing is going on, it is like my laptop hast no more wlan.
I don't know how to wake up my wlan card. I'm using a very old Think Pad Z60m.

I have tried to install my old Q4os Orion, but that ist not possible because on the installation cd, a lot of packages are missing.
the first ist the file: apt/transport/https
and then is a very long list following.

Please can someone help me, i don't know what to do.

#2 2020-01-18 10:16

Dai_trying

Re: Hi, I need some help

If you could post the output of inxi -Nxx this will show us the network hardware you are using which might allow us to give more appropriate advise.

#3 2020-01-18 10:31

omegadx

Thanks for your message,

but just I have solved the problem.
The package: ipw 2200-bss.fw
was missing
I searched it in the Paketmanager and it was installed. After a reboot my wlan is working fine again.
Now I can use my old labby again with the new harddisk.
I found the answer for my problem in the debian faqs.

Thanks a lot for trying to help me.

You have sent me a new question, i will try to find the answer, what is  inxi -Nxx

greatings

omegadx

p.s.: i think i will have a lot of questions during the next time. sorry

#4 2020-01-18 10:37

Dai_trying

the package inxi is for giving hardware information and should be installed on a base Q4OS system to allow users to provide hardware information when there is an issue, for more information on what output is available type man inxi in a terminal and have a read of the man page. smile

Board footer