You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-19 05:00

Adam33

Task button and scrollbar width

I recently got a 27-inch UHD ("4K") monitor, and my experience so far has been good, but I have noticed a couple of things I wanted to ask about.

First, can I customize the width or spacing of the task buttons on the bottom of the screen? Scaling seems to have both crammed them together and reduced their proportional width.

Second, can I increase the width of the scrollbars? When opening browsers and windows, these seem to not be included in the scaling.

As much as I love the sharp text, some things just seem a bit awkward, perhaps because this is my first time to use anything other than an old fashioned 4:5 monitor. I must admit though that having tested it more than a few hours, I'm surprised how well scaling has worked so far. It wasn't something I would have expected with Trinity Desktop.

#2 2019-12-20 21:04

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Task button and scrollbar width

Adam33 wrote:

First, can I customize the width or spacing of the task buttons on the bottom of the screen? Scaling seems to have both crammed them together and reduced their proportional width.

You could try to edit the config files:
"/home/<$USER>/.trinity/share/config/taskbar_panelapplet_rc"
"/home/<$USER>/.trinity/share/config/ktaskbarrc"
section "General" , key "MinimumButtonWidth"

Adam33 wrote:

Second, can I increase the width of the scrollbars? When opening browsers and windows, these seem to not be included in the scaling.

Scrollbars are not included in the scaling at the moment, so the answer is no unfortunately.

#3 2020-01-10 06:13

Adam33

Re: Task button and scrollbar width

Thanks for the tip, but that did not work in my case. ktaskbarrc did not contain that setting, though I did try adding it consistent with taskbar_panelapplet_rc using a higher value. In addition, the other settings in the latter under General were not ones in use. They referenced fonts and sizes that I'm not using and do not see. I suspect this would be a different file or setting.

Board footer