You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-23 13:49

bin

sudo issue when re-installing with original user home

Following a bit of silliness after a fresh install of 2.7 I found there is a slight issue with sudo.

On installation a files is created in /etc/sudoers.d which gives full sudo permissions without password - it contains a line about deleting after language downloads - obviously it is designed to allow language installation after first boot without need for a password. The file then deletes itself.

I was re-using the home I had previously set up and in which language file had been installed. Normally I trash the old home or at least rename it - but having done all my usual customisations I didn't want to do it again - and had no access to allow me to download Dai's theme backup..... which was why I was re-installing in the first place.

Anyhoo - this may or may not be an edge case, but clearly what happens is that the installer doesn't (and didn't) attempt to download the language and so the file in sudoers.d didn't get deleted which left me with no need to enter the sudo password.

#2 2019-03-23 19:45

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: sudo issue when re-installing with original user home

If you proceed the first boot with the first user home directory full populated, the system doesn't get proper initialization, so we don't recommend that way. All you need to do is remove files below from the homedir structure, everything will be initialized and sudo permissions correctly set at the first login.
Files to be removed:

$HOME/.local/share/q4os/.frstlogq4.stp
$HOME/.trinity/share/config/kpersonalizerrc

#3 2019-03-24 07:05

bin

Re: sudo issue when re-installing with original user home

Ah - the .stp file was the one that I didn't identify - thanks for the information.

Board footer