You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-16 14:36

richardvc

Keyboard Shortcuts

Really struggling with this.  Want to set up a couple of shortcuts - one using 'alt - e' or 'win - e' to open the home folder and one other to
select  a section of the screen and save it to file or clipboard. Managed it in every other version of Linux but seem to be struggling with Q4.

Really pleased with everything else.

Thank you in advance.

Richard

#2 2019-03-17 16:50

bin

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

The first one is no problem. It does depend on how your menus are set up at the moment.
For example I just went to Keyboard shortcuts, Command Shortcuts and navigated to Home in the menu - I use Plastik Theme so it follows traditional TDE not the Q4 layout. Then just assigned the keystrokes.
I try to avoid any that are part of normal menu/nav use. Foe example, Alt e is standard access to teh Edit menu of most apps.

Not sure about the second one - how has it been done in other distros?

#3 2019-03-17 18:32

richardvc

Thank you, I'll give it another go.

#4 2019-03-18 11:41

bin

As regards the screen grab - install ksnapshot-trinity and have a look at the help manual for it. It provides information on using dcop to handle it via command. That should allow you to create a script from the information provided - which should be assignable to a key stroke.

OTOH it is possible that something like scrot will do the same trick - but I have never played with it......

#5 2019-03-18 11:56

richardvc

Thank you "Member" all working as expected now, had it perfect on my old Tosh, but for some reason couldn't get it sorted.

All done now thank you.

Richard

Board footer