You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-14 14:22

kellogs

mouse button(s) up/down events not registered in openGL game

I have just recently installed a Q4OS distro; I like it for being deb based, KDE-able and <700 MB installation iso. Not many of this kind out there. Left, right and middle button down and up events will at times not get registered inside an openGL application (3d shooter video game).

A few clues:

- no such issues in the previous Linux systems from the past 12 years and the same game. Also other people are playing it from Linux without this issue
- the app uses libSDL for mouse and keybd input
- i can trigger the behaviour quite consistently by moving the mouse fully up (ingame lookdown) or by moving it to the left a fair amount (ingame lookstrafe). Moving it again a bit down or to the right makes it work again.
- installed Q4OS from the command line distro (no live session); immediately installed KDE online upon first boot.

Any more clues that you may have ?
Thanks!

#2 2019-03-17 23:18

kellogs

Re: mouse button(s) up/down events not registered in openGL game

Some additions:

Alt-tabbing out of the same game for about minute or so will result in network timeouts (only for the game, not for other internet tasks).
Also, the active desktop corners become inactive. And the taskbar will show wrong icons for the running programs. If more programs running than the currently number of pinned icons then no icons shown for those extra running programs.

All reverts back to normal upon exiting the openGL game.

Board footer