You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-20 20:01

marcoA

Q4OS Hats and T-shirts

Q4OS has one of the best looking logos. 

I would buy some of each if they were available.

Raise some support and awareness.

#2 2018-12-22 14:19

Jaerrib
Website

Re: Q4OS Hats and T-shirts

This could be a good way to raise additional development funds while increasing awareness for Q4OS.

Could anyone from the team elaborate on the licensing of the Q4OS logo? How about adding products to a site like Teespring or CafePress?

#3 2018-12-23 19:36

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

@Jaerrib
Yes, licensing the logo could be a hit, does anyone suggest some good way how to do it, how to proceed ? The logo is not protected nor licensed at the moment. We will also consider to include some t-shirts or other products into our e-shop, or make it available some other way.

#4 2018-12-24 14:53

marcoA

q4osteam wrote:

@Jaerrib
Yes, licensing the logo could be a hit, does anyone suggest some good way how to do it, how to proceed ? The logo is not protected nor licensed at the moment. We will also consider to include some t-shirts or other products into our e-shop, or make it available some other way.

I agree on licensing as a good route to go.   

A quick search results on licensing a logo.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/license-logo-65093.html

My favorite look of the logo is the background Q4OS Hex2.

http://tinypic.com/r/2v9p7bk/9

Last edited by marcoA (2018-12-24 18:13)

#5 2019-01-15 03:00

jessexschilling
Website

q4osteam wrote:

@Jaerrib

Depends on where Q4OS is operating out of. Especially if you want to go the Trademark/Copyright route. If in the US, technically if you have an original logo that is timestamped in some way, you can claim it as being Trademarked. Registering it with the government agency is really only important if you plan on ever taking a case to court over infringement, etc. You could always just slap a CC BY-ND license on it, or a CC BY-NC-SA. A Creative Commons License could help with promotion. The logo gets spread by fans/users and the license directs consumers back to Q4OS.

As far as T-Shirts, Hats, etc. go, there are a plethora of Print-on-Demand services that you could use. Many of which are fairly pain free to integrate with existing e-Commerce setups. You should do stickers, too. I'd buy a few to slap on my rig and such.

Jesse Schilling | rainydayshirts

#6 2019-01-23 08:05

detoo

If it's just the "Q" logo by itself, you might want to include "Powered by Debian" or "Powered by Linux" to help people understand what it is.

Board footer