You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-24 21:10

lukeship

default filemanager for usb flash mount daemon

Hi,
I want to change default filemanager. I don't find myself easy with konqueror. But the bigger problem is with usb flash memory daemon: I can change the association of desktop folder for open with pcmanfm (for example) but I can't find a way to change the behavior of q4os when I insert a usb flash memory: every time the daemon ask me if I want to open in a folder and then it start... konqueror!
Could be fine also dolphin (I read it is well integrated with q4os) also if I prefer pcmanfm. But I want to avoid konqueror.

I also tried to install lxde or xfce for bypass the problem using pcmanfm or thunar but both the systems can't mount usb flash memory: "operation not permitted"

Any way to exclude konqueror from mounting usb key?

Thanks,

Luke

#2 2018-10-25 07:43

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: default filemanager for usb flash mount daemon

We would recommend you to install and use Dolphin from the Trinity desktop, just install the "dolphin-trinity" package. It's possible to configure media hotplug actions in "Control Panel > Peripherals > Storage media" module.

#3 2018-10-25 14:48

lukeship

Re: default filemanager for usb flash mount daemon

Yes, I've found the media hotplug action configuration, but it seems there isn't any option to choose the filemanager that will open the storage media.
Every time it starts konqueror....

Board footer