You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-22 20:53

anion27

Music Sounds Equalizer

Hello, I have been trying to install Pulse Equalizer with no success. I am using latest Q4os with full desktop, etc. Virtual install with Windows 7 and Oracle. I've tried everything I can think of and/or find with one crash and reinstall. I'm also a newbie so it could be that? I'm used to windows and not comfortable with terminal although I've stumbled through a number of successes. Thanks, m.

#2 2018-07-22 22:13

Dai_trying

Re: Music Sounds Equalizer

I haven't used this package before but thought I would try installing it to see if it worked on my system but it doesn't. A little googling around tells me it is no longer developed but I can't find much information (in my quick searches) to verify or dispute that. I also tried using it on a standard Debian installation and get the same error and no equalizer.

This is unlikely to be of much help to you but it looks to me like it will not work with Q4OS but I will see if I can find any other equalizer packages that might.

#3 2018-07-26 04:23

anion27

Thank you. I appreciate that. Some research indicated that Linux was fabulous for sound and used in a variety of ways for such. The equalizer seemed to be a common factor. Perhaps, like all things, it changed. Or maybe there are more specific distros. m.

#4 2018-07-27 06:06

bin

If audio is your thing then AV Linux is the way to go.
http://www.bandshed.net/avlinux/
However it is not a general purpose linux - though you could probably add normal office, email, browser stuff etc.

Try using Distrowatch to identify other systems that may suit your needs, obviously you may have some cutting edge hardware which may not be fully supported yet, but it is worth a look.

Board footer