You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-25 12:44

Phlogiston

Problem when installing Q4OS (internet connection before installation)

I downloaded the 64-bit ISO for testing on an old, core 2 duo, Fujitsu A-series laptop, and booted up into the live environment. When I clicked the option to install, a dialog box appeared and prompted me to connect via wifi. Given that I live in a student's dormitory and all wi-fi options had passwords which I wasn't privy to, I dimissed the dialog box. Now the screen was just the light blue background and the installation had not proceeded. I ended up turning my machine off. Did I go wrong somewhere? Does Q4OS require me to be connected to the internet before/during installation on my test laptop? Or should I just have waited for a few minutes more and the installation would have proceeded?

P.S. I saw Q4OS on Distrotube, and that's where I got the idea to install this, but I didnt expect the "asking for a wifi connection"-dialog box to appear before I could actually start installing the OS.

#2 2018-06-25 14:23

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Problem when installing Q4OS (internet connection before installation)

What installation media did you download exactly ? The live media doesn't require Internet connection in order to install, please provide the exact text of the dialog box, or screenshot, if possible.

#3 2018-06-25 17:00

Phlogiston

This was the version I downloaded in the downloads section, Live CD "Q4OS Scorpion, Trinity - 64bit / x64 ... 570 MBytes", then I used etcher to burn the ISO to my USB flash drive.

If the problem persists, I will post a screenshot tomorrow. Thank you.

#4 2018-06-25 17:58

Dai_trying

I always use the Live-Cd for my installations and haven't had a problem installing without internet connection, in fact I have performed quite a few offline installs when I was testing apt-offline to enable me to update the system without internet connection too. Hopefully this was some sort of glitch with your system and future installs will just work smile

Board footer