You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-28 14:26

telecaster68

Removing Q4OS?

Despite some help on here, Q4OS is still crashing, so I think it's just not going to play nicely with my PC for some reason. I'm going to try another distro or two, but I can't get Q4OS to disappear.

I've run the Windows installer, but there's no way that I can see to make it actually uninstall Q4OS. There's no option to do anything but update the install, and when I reboot, I still get the Windows vs Q4OS options.

How do I make this not happen?

Thanks.

#2 2018-05-28 15:35

telecaster68

Re: Removing Q4OS?

NVM, figured it out.

For the benefit of anyone else searching for a solution to this:

Click the cancel button at the point where the installer asks for login details for a new installation.

Devs: could I suggest the dialogue box at that point has something like 'Q4OS has been removed from your system. Click cancel if you don't want to reinstall it', because (while the process is completely logical if you know what's going on), it needs a prompt for most users to be clear, especially if they're not of a hyper logical techie frame of mind.

#3 2018-05-28 16:51

Dai_trying

Re: Removing Q4OS?

You figured it out before I read your first post, I had the same thing when I uninstalled the Windows installation and it isn't very clear so maybe a dialog would make it clearer that you just need to close the dialog to finish.

Board footer